Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Wembley
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Hi everyone, I am working on a Ricoh mpc3001 which says insert cyan and magenta photoconductors even though I've changed the drums. does anyone have any ideas on this please? As I say I have have tried other drums and cleaned the connector at the back. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc3001:  insert photoconductor correctly

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by Copyme View Post
    Hi everyone, I am working on a Ricoh mpc3001 which says insert cyan and magenta photoconductors even though I've changed the drums. does anyone have any ideas on this please? As I say I have have tried other drums and cleaned the connector at the back. Thank you.
    Have you put the correct pcu's in was the problem there before replacing

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts 8T2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently in the Vaal Triangle are in Gauteng, South Africa
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    What happens if you swap the Yellow PCU with your Cyan or Magenta? If it's still asking for same PCU's your connectors on back of machine are screwing around. If it starts asking for Yellow PCU you have the wrong PCU

    Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc3001:  insert photoconductor correctly

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    If you know they are correct pcu's remove all toners and pcu's restart machine put pcu's back one by one closing the front door each time see if warning goes away each time if all ok then put toners back one by one and you may have a faulty toner chip

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Wembley
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Have you put the correct pcu's in was the problem there before replacing

    Thanks for that i will doublecheck that the drums are good but yes the problem was there before replacing them!

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Wembley
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    If you know they are correct pcu's remove all toners and pcu's restart machine put pcu's back one by one closing the front door each time see if warning goes away each time if all ok then put toners back one by one and you may have a faulty toner chip

    Ok thanks for your help...I will try this and let you know if i still have a problem!

  7. #7
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    11,818
    Rep Power
    286

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Sounds to me like someone may have tried using a MP C2800 black PCU without properly modifying the connector between the PCU and the development unit.B2C_Drum_Cheat_Sheet_v2[1].pdf

  8. #8
    Copier Technician 500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc3001:  insert photoconductor correctly

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds to me like someone may have tried using a MP C2800 black PCU without properly modifying the connector between the PCU and the development unit.B2C_Drum_Cheat_Sheet_v2[1].pdf
    +1

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,108
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Ricoh mpc3001: insert photoconductor correctly

    sometimes a bad RFID toner chip will give you that..
    I had it on a spc830 printer

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here