Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technical 50+ Posts

MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Customer has an old MPC3003 that was working fine untill they moved it to clean the office up. Re-connected it to the power and network and now the copier works fine as a copier
    but will not print and scan. I checked the network port, connected machine to a working port (which was working with an MPC3004 connected) and still nothing.

I get the orange light on but it will not do anything.
    I tried the Ping command via the Ricoh and a PC, nothing.
    Reset the network back to auto too.

The network port on the copier is all OK, pins are not bent, and have tried another ethernet cable too.

Any ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Have you tried connecting the device directly to a laptop with a cross over cable?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Did the machine grab a different IP address when it was rebooted? Or is it set manually to a static IP address?? My gut tells me that it has the wrong IP address assigned.
    Go into user tools --> system settings --> interface settings and check what the IPv4 is, then go to the computer and go to Devices and Printers --> Printer Properties --> Ports , and see if the port that it's assigned to is the same as the IP address on the copier. If not, go back into user tools and change back to the number you see in the Printer Properties "Ports" tab.
    Was it shut down properly? Someone didn't just grab the plug and pull it from the wall, did they?
    Omertà

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Quote Originally Posted by solorajder View Post
    Have you tried connecting the device directly to a laptop with a cross over cable?

Don't need crossover on the newer ricoh's
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Did the machine grab a different IP address when it was rebooted? Or is it set manually to a static IP address?? My gut tells me that it has the wrong IP address assigned.
    Go into user tools --> system settings --> interface settings and check what the IPv4 is, then go to the computer and go to Devices and Printers --> Printer Properties --> Ports , and see if the port that it's assigned to is the same as the IP address on the copier. If not, go back into user tools and change back to the number you see in the Printer Properties "Ports" tab.
    Was it shut down properly? Someone didn't just grab the plug and pull it from the wall, did they?
    +1
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSBMCO View Post
    Customer has an old MPC3003 that was working fine untill they moved it to clean the office up. Re-connected it to the power and network and now the copier works fine as a copier
    but will not print and scan. I checked the network port, connected machine to a working port (which was working with an MPC3004 connected) and still nothing.

I get the orange light on but it will not do anything.
    I tried the Ping command via the Ricoh and a PC, nothing.
    Reset the network back to auto too.

The network port on the copier is all OK, pins are not bent, and have tried another ethernet cable too.

Any ideas?
    Check in interface > ieee802 is not turn to active should be inactive
    Regards Mark

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC3003 NETWORK ISSUE.

When I have ran unto this in the past, it almost always has been a change in the network/internet service, like going from a 192.168.xxx.xxx structure to a 10.10.10.x structure. I just delete the copier and clean install it within the new ip parameters.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Don't need crossover on the newer ricoh's
    I didn't know. Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

When putting a system on a new network, or new router...put the Ricoh in Auto obtain for an IP, Gateway and DNS. Let it pull these settings.
    Print the network settings list. Then choose an IP quite a bit higher to specify, for example if the Ricoh pulled 192.168.1.17
    I would set the Ricoh in a static or "Specify" to 192.168.1.87

Before you specify or assign that IP address, do a ping test. Open the command prompt on their computer, type "ping 192.168.1.87" Make sure there is No Reply. That means the IP is open and available.

Then specify the IP address that the ping test showed no reply, the subnet mask, gateway and DNS settings that the Ricoh pulled.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Did you try a different cable?

Years ago, I had the same (or very similar) issue with a Canon machine.

When the cleaning crew moved the machine, the cable got pinched under a caster. It wasn’t completely open or shorted, just enough to cause a problem.

The link lights were good, and about one out of four ping attempts worked...maybe less.

If the customer allows it, try plugging your notebook into the same port with same same cable and IP address.

That’s what I did at the time. A new cable did the trick.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins