Thread: Error SC541

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Error SC541

Error 541 and 542 at aficio 1022 (i know , i know it is too old etc but too little copies made and replace it is out of question). I mesured thermofuses and lamps are ok. I replaced both thermistors it worked for a little but after few days the same. I replaced again thermistors but the same. I replaced whole fusing unit from an other working machine but after few days thermistors were out of order.
    Any idea what damages thermistors? Can it be power supply?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: Error SC541

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Error 541 and 542 at aficio 1022 (i know , i know it is too old etc but too little copies made and replace it is out of question). I mesured thermofuses and lamps are ok. I replaced both thermistors it worked for a little but after few days the same. I replaced again thermistors but the same. I replaced whole fusing unit from an other working machine but after few days thermistors were out of order.
    Any idea what damages thermistors? Can it be power supply?
    Hello

Toner is original?... Hot roller original?.... Had same problem years ago with Aficio 2045...non OEM hot roller... Where a bit thicker than original, causing Sc542. Check also the connector for the fusing unit, are the screws worn out?.... Check if the machine is connected directly to the wall outlet.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

Toner is original?... Hot roller original?.... Had same problem years ago with Aficio 2045...non OEM hot roller... Where a bit thicker than original, causing Sc542. Check also the connector for the fusing unit, are the screws worn out?.... Check if the machine is connected directly to the wall outlet.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Agreed.

The 1022 used a h/r with a thinner wall than the 220 it replaced. There were ribs inside the h/r to give it shape, but it could heat up faster because the walls of the h/r were thinner.

On the codes - question to the OP: Is the machine in a very cold area? Does the code pop up in the early morning when attempting to use the device? Might be worth looking at a setting i remember that used to preheat the fuser if it worked in a very cold area.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Could also be the lugs that hold the hot roller bearings in place are broken, if they are, fit a set of Adonis bearings, no need to replace the frame then.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Error SC541

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Agreed.

The 1022 used a h/r with a thinner wall than the 220 it replaced. There were ribs inside the h/r to give it shape, but it could heat up faster because the walls of the h/r were thinner.

On the codes - question to the OP: Is the machine in a very cold area? Does the code pop up in the early morning when attempting to use the device? Might be worth looking at a setting i remember that used to preheat the fuser if it worked in a very cold area.
    You're thinking of SC 103 Fusing Idling Use 2 to prevent SC542 from occurring at power-on. NOTE: Use SBCU firmware ver. 3.23 or newer. If the machine is not at the required firmware level be aware that the 1022 does not use SD cards for firmware updates. It uses 4MB PCMCIA cards. To write the update to the PCMCIA cards you have to use Memory Card Explorer for RICOH (MCERICOH) on a computer that has a PCMCIA I slot.