Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Technician Tech18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Hi All
    I just set up MP.5210 for customer ..
    so far :
    Printing is good
    Scanning to email says "Complete" but customer complains it never show up in their email .. "Most Gmail" ..??
    I did scan test to my office email .. it's fine ..
    Any ideas ..?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,470
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech18 View Post
    Hi All
    I just set up MP.5210 for customer ..
    so far :
    Printing is good
    Scanning to email says "Complete" but customer complains it never show up in their email .. "Most Gmail" ..??
    I did scan test to my office email .. it's fine ..
    Any ideas ..?

    Thanks
    it must be the setting for their gmail.

    did you use the same ports for your co email?

    match the settings

  3. #3
    Technician ThePomqueteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    As its going to your email with the same settings could be that the email is getting flagged by their spam filter? Did they check junk email folder/spam folder?

  4. #4
    Technician Tech18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    it must be the setting for their gmail.

    did you use the same ports for your co email?

    match the settings
    Yes, Everything's same ..
    Maybe their network security blocks them..?

  5. #5
    Technician Tech18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePomqueteer View Post
    As its going to your email with the same settings could be that the email is getting flagged by their spam filter? Did they check junk email folder/spam folder?

    That was the first thing i ask them ..
    They keep saying they did ... but ..?

  6. #6
    Technician ThePomqueteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    If they are using GSuite it could be blocking it before it even reaches their inbox. In which case you should get their IT to confirm that nothing is blocking your admin email address. Is the admin email address an actual email or a fake one? I think for gmail it needs to be an actual email address that exists. I typically use the same email I use for the authentication as the admin email.

    I also had a rare case where it was showing up on their phone but not their computer due to some third party anti-virus (I think it was Norton). This was using Outlook though not gmail. Still worth a shot I guess.

  7. #7
    Technician Tech18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePomqueteer View Post
    If they are using GSuite it could be blocking it before it even reaches their inbox. In which case you should get their IT to confirm that nothing is blocking your admin email address. Is the admin email address an actual email or a fake one? I think for gmail it needs to be an actual email address that exists. I typically use the same email I use for the authentication as the admin email.

    I also had a rare case where it was showing up on their phone but not their computer due to some third party anti-virus (I think it was Norton). This was using Outlook though not gmail. Still worth a shot I guess.
    Wow..
    I never thought of checking the admin email that they gave me is legi .
    I will call and check with them tomorrow ..
    They have big Dr. office but don't have IT guy .. all rely on us ..!!

    Thank you ThePomqueteer ..

  8. #8
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,066
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: MP.5210 SCAN Problem ..!

    If the customer is using GSuite, the customer IT may need to Whitelist the IP address that the 5210 is using. That would be the public address of the router/gateway.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here