Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    68

    ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    hi
    I was messing with a mpc401sr FW all updated and when trying to reduce legal to letter via ADF it cuts off at the trail edge..1.5 to 2 inches even if i go to 25%
    in reduction..Am i missing something????????????lead edge and reg is all good

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Nebraska, USA ------ GO BIG RED
    Posts
    1,294
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    Can't remember on this model, but it might be that you have to set the ADF to recognize the legal size paper.
    Don't think they have sensors that determine length of paper.
    Omertŗ

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    maybe i have to tell machine mixxed originals.
    but i hit legal to letter on reduction mode

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    so i had time to muck thru the machine..
    to make legal to letter reduction you have to hit original type
    and tell it legal and then choose letter tray and hit the reduction 78% and it works..
    always assumed that machine did auto paper detect thru adf..

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,091
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    so i had time to muck thru the machine..
    to make legal to letter reduction you have to hit original type
    and tell it legal and then choose letter tray and hit the reduction 78% and it works..
    always assumed that machine did auto paper detect thru adf..
    On some of those A4 entry level models they can use one of the ADF path sensor s covered time to determine the original length but only when doing mixed originals.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,152
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    On some of those A4 entry level models they can use one of the ADF path sensor s covered time to determine the original length but only when doing mixed originals.
    it wouldnt work in mixed but once i set original to legal from that section it worked..

  7. #7
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,234
    Rep Power
    86

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    On some of those A4 entry level models they can use one of the ADF path sensor s covered time to determine the original length but only when doing mixed originals.
    No length sensor on that model.

    That can be a colossal pain when dealing with some apps.

    I remember that it will throw some really weird errors, where itís not obvious as to what the problem is.

    I had to manually edit the Java dalp file to get it to work with RightFax.
    Some days youíre the dog, some days youíre the fire hydrant.

  8. #8
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,091
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: ODD problem when reducing lgl to letter

    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    No length sensor on that model.

    That can be a colossal pain when dealing with some apps.

    I remember that it will throw some really weird errors, where itís not obvious as to what the problem is.

    I had to manually edit the Java dalp file to get it to work with RightFax.
    When set to mixed size originals, the feed bed length sensor are not used as they will only see the longest original. The length of each originals is determined by how how many clock ticks the original covers one of the path sensors.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here