Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Exclamation Ricoh mpc 2800 sc672

First we had a laser motor error SC202 and the Copier lcd display light just came black,so we fixed the BICU board fuse & replaced the laser motor and now the LCD LIGHT IS ON but after a couple of second the machine displays please wait and stalls on error CODE SC672 is displayed ,keyboar lcd and green light is on but no button is responsive.We have pulled the 1 stick ram out cleaned contacts, all connectors are well harnessed,Cond C174 (OK) , 24 V on R294, %Volts is there too,noticed green led on board always blinking, any suggestion please (Tested power supply looks OK) thank you

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

Re: Ricoh mpc 2800 sc672

From Goose's Guide:
    Controller to Op Panel comm error - check connection between controller and op panel
    Controller to Op Panel comm error - replace controller board
    Controller to Op Panel comm error - confirm dip SW #1 is in the OFF position
    Controller to Op Panel comm error - update system fw to 1.14.3 or higher & network docbox fw to 1.01 or higher
    You may have damaged the BICU trying to replace the "fuse" or you may have failed to reconnect everything you disconnected. There may have also been additional problems with the BICU before you started.

Technician

Thanks , as soon after it made an error , the sc202 was not visible as the LCD was not lit (was dark), we replaced the fuse on the board Bicu the display lcd light came on and we could read the error, replacing the mirror motor now we are getting SC 652.checked all connectors to controller all seems ok. OLD mirror motor had 2 components burnt.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

The dark LCD with SC202 is a well known error on this series and its predecessor, where the Polygon Motor takes out the BICU. Typically, both should be replaced at the same time.
    My guess is that you still have an issue with the BICU .

Technician

thanks,i think i better try to find a used bicu card and start from there, what i find strange is that the machine keypad and lcd keypad do not work only displa, display light and green light on top of switch

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

Quote Originally Posted by johncord View Post
    thanks,i think i better try to find a used bicu card and start from there, what i find strange is that the machine keypad and lcd keypad do not work only displa, display light and green light on top of switch
    That is another symptom of a communication error between the controller, BICU, and the control panel. Before spending money, recheck all connections.

Technician

thank you once again, i have checked cables 3 times now all looks in place..

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

Thanks , as soon after it made an error , the sc202 was not visible as the LCD was not lit (was dark), we replaced the fuse on the board Bicu the display lcd light came on and we could read the error, replacing the mirror motor now we are getting SC 652.checked all connectors to controller all seems ok. OLD mirror motor had 2 components burnt.
    What fuse did you replace on the BICU?
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

It is a protective link R294 ,the lcd display lit up replacing this component , all other cap seems ok, what is your point any suggestion .the 24v and 5v are there.
    really appreciate, trying to find some boards online for a fair price.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

thank you once again, i have checked cables 3 times now all looks in place..

LOOKS?

did you disconnect the re-connect just because something LOOKS connected doesn't mean they ARE connected properly.. you COULD have a bent pin in the connector

pull the damn harnesses and reconnect