Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh mpc 2800 sc672

its a good point about the connectors, but i have checked them individually all 11 with a watch maker magnifier, thanks though for your suggestion, its a plus

Technician

What I am concerned is that green LED 3 on Bicu is blinking continuously , is it normal or an error indication ???

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

i am about to gut a mpc2800 now if you are looking for parts.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

Quote Originally Posted by johncord View Post
    What I am concerned is that green LED 3 on Bicu is blinking continuously , is it normal or an error indication ???
    That is probably what is referred to as the heart beat indicator. It shows that the system clock is functioning. If it were orange or red it would indicate a major problem.

As for the control panel, the basic display on the LCD screen is controlled by the firmware loaded to the control panel main board. The operation of the touch screen and the buttons on the panel are controlled through communication with the controller. You press a button and that action is sent to the controller. You touch the touch screen and the X and Y coordinates of where you touched is sent to the controller. No communication with the controller, no response to what you press of touch.

Technician

thanks for info, really interesting to know,a tech here suggested the touch screen is faulty, could it be ??? as no buttons are functioning,is it the initialization process that when it comes to the display section it stops ???Thanks all for your support

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

thanks for info, really interesting to know,a tech here suggested the touch screen is faulty, could it be ??? as no buttons are functioning,is it the initialization process that when it comes to the display section it stops ???Thanks all for your support
    Touch screen problems result in either no response or the wrong response. There is a touch screen test and adjustment section in the service manual.

Technician

frankly speeking ,i think i have to get hold of some boards, strange where to start..tks for response, as i cannot even enter service mode since error is at startup

Technician

Question Re: Ricoh mpc 2800 sc672

any suggestions or test points to verify which board bicu or controller board, looked around in my country to buy used but negative feedback, just installed a dx3725 but the mpc 2800 is really good for its age , have lots of toners and parts that is why i like to get it going... any suggestions ?? thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc 2800  sc672

any suggestions or test points to verify which board bicu or controller board, looked around in my country to buy used but negative feedback, just installed a dx3725 but the mpc 2800 is really good for its age , have lots of toners and parts that is why i like to get it going... any suggestions ?? thanks
    You might search to see if you can buy a complete C2800 for a parts machine. Here in California we can often find them for less than a new major board costs from Ricoh.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

dude maybe tell us which country you reside.