Thread: iIM C2000 -6000

iIM C2000 -6000

Hi,
    I have installed new IM C2000 machine. customer need to connect to network thru wireless. I have tried in operation panel i have connected to network thru wireless, But i can not do the printing/scanning. As per the IM C2000 brochure showing wireless card option. Please let me know anybody knowing this

Thanks
    senaka

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    iIM C2000 -6000

Re: iIM C2000 -6000

We just use an aftermarket wireless extender, which is much cheaper than the Ricoh wireless option. Connect the extender to the network, connect the extender to the machine via the cable, then set it up just like a regular install.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The wireless option thru the operations panel is for connecting model device for printing. It very short range and too weak to connect to normal wifi. You will either have to get Ricoh's wireless option or use a wireless extender. This is based on my personnel experiences, and what I had to do to get IMC on a wireless network.

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    The wireless option thru the operations panel is for connecting model device for printing. It very short range and too weak to connect to normal wifi. You will either have to get Ricoh's wireless option or use a wireless extender. This is based on my personnel experiences, and what I had to do to get IMC on a wireless network.

Thanks for your supporting what you mention here IMC on a wireless network pls explain me. Did you try scan to SMB thru wireless

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    iIM C2000 -6000

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Thanks for your supporting what you mention here IMC on a wireless network pls explain me. Did you try scan to SMB thru wireless
    The wifi in the panel is not designed for printing only for mobile devices & you WILL NOT be able to scan using this option.

If you need to use wifi for printing/scanning use a range extender like the one in the link below this is the type I use they are very reliable.

TL-WA850RE | 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender | TP-Link United Kingdom
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The wifi in the panel is not designed for printing only for mobile devices & you WILL NOT be able to scan using this option.

If you need to use wifi for printing/scanning use a range extender like the one in the link below this is the type I use they are very reliable.

TL-WA850RE | 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender | TP-Link United Kingdom

Thanks for quick response

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    iIM C2000 -6000

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Hi,
    I have installed new IM C2000 machine. customer need to connect to network thru wireless. I have tried in operation panel i have connected to network thru wireless, But i can not do the printing/scanning. As per the IM C2000 brochure showing wireless card option. Please let me know anybody knowing this

Thanks
    senaka
    I believe the smart panel WiFi isn't for printing and scanning for use for apps etc best to hard wire into wireless router or you can buy a wireless option from ricoh but they are rubbish.
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com