Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mpc2003 scan to folder issue

Hi. I have face problem mpc2003 machine already config scan and printer to network. Only 2 pc having problem. WINDOWS 10 Pro scan to folder issue.
    I have updated latest firmware
    checked firewall

Please advice me anybody face same issue..

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    mpc2003 scan to folder issue

Re: mpc2003 scan to folder issue

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Hi. I have face problem mpc2003 machine already config scan and printer to network. Only 2 pc having problem. WINDOWS 10 Pro scan to folder issue.
    checked firewall

Thanks
    Do these 2 PC have SMB v1.0 disabled?

Compare these settings with the working PCs.

SMB Working Programs.JPG
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    checked firewall

Thanks
    printer and scan having problem or printer has problem? scan problem?

[QUOTE=copier tech;1545928]Do these 2 PC have SMB v1.0 disabled?

Compare these settings with the working PCs.

SMB Working Programs.JPGThanks for response Today i have checked everything .. Still the same issue.......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

Does each destination on the working PC's have a separate username/password for authentication or is there a general username/password they use for every folder? If the latter, I'd confirm that that user is set up on those PC's, could be bad authentication.

What is in the system log when you try to scan (Network Settings, Print List, last page is the system log or you can log into WIM and under Network -> System Log you should find the same info)?

Have you tried using IP instead of hostname in the filepath? Could be DNS issue possibly.

Lastly I had an issue where the firewall was configured properly but a third party antivirus was keeping it from scanning (I think it was Norton, can't remember now though). Might want to check for something like that and ask customer if its ok to disable at least just to test it. That way you can confirm it is the antivirus then re-enable to further troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePomqueteer View Post
    Does each destination on the working PC's have a separate username/password for authentication or is there a general username/password they use for every folder? If the latter, I'd confirm that that user is set up on those PC's, could be bad authentication.

What is in the system log when you try to scan (Network Settings, Print List, last page is the system log or you can log into WIM and under Network -> System Log you should find the same info)?

Have you tried using IP instead of hostname in the filepath? Could be DNS issue possibly.

Lastly I had an issue where the firewall was configured properly but a third party antivirus was keeping it from scanning (I think it was Norton, can't remember now though). Might want to check for something like that and ask customer if its ok to disable at least just to test it. That way you can confirm it is the antivirus then re-enable to further troubleshoot.

I have checked with hostname/ IP address, They using kaspersky antivirus with licence. i have disable and checked still the same..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

Is network discovery/file sharing on for both PC's? I'd check and make sure the network they are on isn't considered Public as that will disable network discovery by default (and possibly file sharing). I think its under Advanced sharing options under your Network & Internet settings. Make sure both of those options are turned on.

EDIT: Another thing to check is that they don't have a guest network or something that the PC's may have connected to automatically. Does the connection test go through when you add the path at the panel?
    Last edited by ThePomqueteer; 08-18-2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: more info

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Another thing to check is network settings. Many pc's just connect as a "public" network because the operator doesn't tell it otherwise. Change network settings to a "private" network if necessary. Windblows doesn't play nice with SMB and "public" networks which is understandable.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Another thought is to check timezone, time, and daylight savings time settings on copier and pc's. SMB scanning may fail if not in same time zone and if time is over 2 hours difference between the copier and pc.

One final thought. If smb1 is enabled, remember that is port 139 instead of 445.