Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Ricoh Pro C5100S and Fiery E42B Connection Issue

Then that would leave me to believe there's some sort of problem with the network card in the copier. But at one point I could ping between the server and the copier and view the copier through Web Image monitor.but now I can't so I'm assuming there's some sort of cascade failure going on some where.

If you could ping both before and web in there nothing wrong with the nic cards.

Power off all and unplug each for 30 seconds than start the fiery first than 1 min start the copier

Technician

I know they're connected correctly. I tried the other connections just because I was down to a hope and a prayer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

I luckily have one just a few feet from me.

On back of copier, cable is plugged into center leftmost port, going to back of Fiery's RJ45 lowest port
    Fiery RJ45 upper port is going to our network router

Copier has an IP range in system settings, interface settings in same IP range as fiery
    Copier is 192.168.0.20 (example)
    Fiery is 192.168.0.30 (example)

If its showing 169 thats usually APIPA which means its looking for a DHCP and can't find one meaning you'll need to set it statically or leave it on DHCP and maybe your cables are connected wrong which is why it can't find DHCP.

One thing that confuses me though is that you said you got on the WIM but I don't know how thats possible when it can't find the DHCP server. Did you do something between that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kozprint View Post
    I know they're connected correctly. I tried the other connections just because I was down to a hope and a prayer.

So what's the status Now?

Technician

That was my original hope that a simple mistake was made and it would be an easy fix. But since at one point there was some connection between the two and there isn't any now makes me think there's some sort of degradation in the network card. Can you tell me how to bypass the server for now so I can get my customer up and running until I can get a new network card?

Quote Originally Posted by Kozprint View Post
    That was my original hope that a simple mistake was made and it would be an easy fix. But since at one point there was some connection between the two and there isn't any now makes me think there's some sort of degradation in the network card. Can you tell me how to bypass the server for now so I can get my customer up and running until I can get a new network card?

Network cards usually don't fail , would start with replacing the network cable from the wall to the fiery first.

More information the better since you could ping and web in each sounded like fiery and copier out of sync that is a common problem with all copiers with fiery's.

Technician

They happen to have a different printer going to a port in the wall so I'm attempting borrowing that cable and port. I've unplugged everything and waiting for a few to plug back in.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

I would at least set up a static IP on the copier in the same range as the Fiery to confirm they cannot communicate, it would rule out either device.

As for removing the Fiery from the picture, someone please correct me as I haven't worked on too too many of them but I think it just involves plugging a non-crossover network cable into the other RJ45 port (rightmost) on the copier and changing the settings on the copier to match their network (or keep it DHCP and see if it picks anything up, might be a good test).

At that point if it does work with DHCP and picks up an address I would probably rebuild the Fiery.

Technician

I've tried everything you suggested with no luck. I've been on the phone with some other techs besides your advice and lots of ideas but nothing concrete. I'll remove the back tomorrow to see if there's some thing that doesn't look right or maybe it's a software issue.