Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Quote Originally Posted by Jama View Post
    Yes, IEEE 802.11 enabled but still not working,
    This must say inactive if active it not pick up any information you will get 11.22.33.44 on dhcp

  2. #22
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    If I have a used machine to install this is what I always do just in case it had any account software or papercut Inc installed

    In factory mode reset to default that's 58xx xx6
    Then format hdd
    Then clear all nvram apart from 1 & 2
    Reboot machine it should be in dhcp once this is done let it pickup all information then add on one pc to test then print off full configure page then input in static then reboot

    Update all firmware input Tel numbers and set to show toner levels on lcd

    Iq very rarely have problems after that

  3. #23
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Power
    120

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    If I have a used machine to install this is what I always do just in case it had any account software or papercut Inc installed

    In factory mode reset to default that's 58xx xx6
    Then format hdd
    Then clear all nvram apart from 1 & 2
    Reboot machine it should be in dhcp once this is done let it pickup all information then add on one pc to test then print off full configure page then input in static then reboot

    Update all firmware input Tel numbers and set to show toner levels on lcd

    Iq very rarely have problems after that
    Great steps and advice! That's pretty much exactly my process too..... Except also disabling that stupid WSD functionality

  4. #24
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,044
    Rep Power
    415

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Quote Originally Posted by Jama View Post
    Yes, IEEE 802.11 enabled but still not working,
    IEEE 802.11 is normally enabled for one of two reasons.
    1. Ricoh's extremely over priced WiFi interfaced
    2. High security authentication such as Kerberos is enabled

    Option 2 requires other settings in both User Tools and SP that could be affecting network operation. Print and analyze non defaults.

  5. #25
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    If NIC port of machine is working - not physically damaged, you really should start with basics.
    Connect your laptop with your own Ethernet cable to the machine. Set them on the same network and do ping -t test for 2-3 minutes. If it pings OK install appropriate driver for the model. No WSD port should be used. Do test print.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  6. #26
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    sandmanmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON (Originally Nova Scotia)
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Power
    120

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    IEEE 802.11 is normally enabled for one of two reasons.
    1. Ricoh's extremely over priced WiFi interfaced
    2. High security authentication such as Kerberos is enabled

    Option 2 requires other settings in both User Tools and SP that could be affecting network operation. Print and analyze non defaults.
    I would add a 3rd option - and the one that I run into most frequently after a machine has been installed and working.
    In my case, it's typically either a nosy, inexperienced employee, or an anal retentive IT person that fools around in user tools and decides that enabling it, is a way to connect it to their wireless network, and then forgets about it, when the machine no longer does anything, and then everyone in the office turns into a 5 year old child, refusing to admit that anyone touched anything, when they call me and I explain it to them

  7. #27
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,238
    Rep Power
    376

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I would add a 3rd option - and the one that I run into most frequently after a machine has been installed and working.
    In my case, it's typically either a nosy, inexperienced employee, or an anal retentive IT person that fools around in user tools and decides that enabling it, is a way to connect it to their wireless network, and then forgets about it, when the machine no longer does anything, and then everyone in the office turns into a 5 year old child, refusing to admit that anyone touched anything, when they call me and I explain it to them
    +1 on the office folks and dumbass IT folks.

  8. #28
    Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Throwing my last suggestion here. Initialize the NCS. Be careful, NCS only
    Aye! Cut the crap

  9. #29
    Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    mga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    121

    Re: Ricoh mpc300 Network Connection failure

    Sometimes it would be great to the outcome.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here