Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    C5502 "photconductor units not set"

I had this issue as well as sc670,sc681. I replaced the M dev unit and HDD, and the machine started operating normally.. UNTIL a new toner cart was installed, and the photoconductor message popped up again. It turns out the BRB (RF board for the toner carts) was causing ALL those issues. I have had them fail before by not detecting the toner cart, but never like this. This is just an FYI that might save a tech some time .
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Re: C5502 "photconductor units not set"

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I had this issue as well as sc670,sc681. I replaced the M dev unit and HDD, and the machine started operating normally.. UNTIL a new toner cart was installed, and the photoconductor message popped up again. It turns out the BRB (RF board for the toner carts) was causing ALL those issues. I have had them fail before by not detecting the toner cart, but never like this. This is just an FYI that might save a tech some time .
    Hi mikadonovan
    I've had this quite a few times rubbish toner causing the problem some times can fit but sometimes forget it had it twice saying all photoconductors not installed correctly replaced everything binned the machine in the end
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Hi mikadonovan
    I've had this quite a few times rubbish toner causing the problem some times can fit but sometimes forget it had it twice saying all photoconductors not installed correctly replaced everything binned the machine in the end
    Thanks for your suggestion .

On one occasion, they had had problems due to a toner that they installed without removing the seals from the new cartridge, the strip was changed because the contacts had been damaged.

But I'm going to review this as it is not strange that the same thing happened.

In this town the current is very annoying, and the client does not collaborate in this regard either, since it connects to a single outlet even the coffee stove ... and does not heed recommendations

Thank you very much for answering .

Enviado desde mi H3321 mediante Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUELMARCHENA View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion .

On one occasion, they had had problems due to a toner that they installed without removing the seals from the new cartridge, the strip was changed because the contacts had been damaged.

But I'm going to review this as it is not strange that the same thing happened.

In this town the current is very annoying, and the client does not collaborate in this regard either, since it connects to a single outlet even the coffee stove ... and does not heed recommendations

Thank you very much for answering .

RE: unstable power. Tell them no more service calls UNTIL you have a licensed electrician verify power is stable. There are certified surge protectors out there.. but they only cover spikes, not dips. For DIPS they need to purchase a LINE CONDITIONER. (don't use an BATTERY BACKUP.. cuz every time the fuser lamps fire the UPS will beep.)

ESP Multi-Stage Surge Protection and Power Conditioners

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good advice ... thank you very much

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You say you have replaced the develop unit, and that the message "replace pcu" popped up.
    But you did not replace the pcu, is it? So this message was not an error?
    Or am i missing something?

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    You say you have replaced the develop unit, and that the message "replace pcu" popped up.
    But you did not replace the pcu, is it? So this message was not an error?
    Or am i missing something?
    You are pretty much missing it all. Reread my post to answer your question, and BTW, my issue has already been resolved. I include this post link to possibly help out someone else. Keep up.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You are pretty much missing it all. Reread my post to answer your question, and BTW, my issue has already been resolved. I include this post link to possibly help out someone else. Keep up.
    It could have been that machine gave this message (to replace the pcu) because it's lifetime has been done...
    You must admit that that was not very clear in your post ...

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

It could have been that machine gave this message (to replace the pcu) because it's lifetime has been done...
    AGAIN, this issue that I had has ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. I included a link to this thread as a response to Miguel Marchena's thread because it contained relevant information.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The units were almost new, because 4 years ago I sold the machine to them, they were worn out, but the owner bought the units and the fuser also separately.
    He didn't buy them from me.

He asks for service where it is cheaper, and when he is stranded and those who charge as a gift cannot, they call our company when the machine is already serious