Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Ricoh MP2501 Trasfer roller

Hi,
    Basically we're KonicaMinoltra techs. Happens to have work on couple of Ricoh MP2501s. There were some copy quality issues, checked the transfer roller biasing through springs and black roller holder at back end of machine. The holder seems to provide bias to roller but while checking it's showing either no or very high resistance that also varies with pressure on roller between biasing plate and roller shaft. Wonder if that's normal or should there be no resistance between roller shaft and biasing plate. The machine has total counter around 67k. Toner is original.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2501 Trasfer roller

Re: Ricoh MP2501 Trasfer roller

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Hi,
    Basically we're KonicaMinoltra techs. Happens to have work on couple of Ricoh MP2501s. There were some copy quality issues, checked the transfer roller biasing through springs and black roller holder at back end of machine. The holder seems to provide bias to roller but while checking it's showing either no or very high resistance that also varies with pressure on roller between biasing plate and roller shaft. Wonder if that's normal or should there be no resistance between roller shaft and biasing plate. The machine has total counter around 67k. Toner is original.
    The drum life on the 2501 is only around 60k & when they reach life you start getting background on the prints.

If the solids are grey (do a counter print & look at the sold triangle) I replace the developer at the same time.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Thanks Copier tech. The machine has copy quality issue of filling solid black, jitters in triangle of counters. That's why I checked the transfer roller. Any clue about what I'm trying know about biasing of transfer roller?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thanks Copier tech. The machine has copy quality issue of filling solid black, jitters in triangle of counters. That's why I checked the transfer roller. Any clue about what I'm trying know about biasing of transfer roller?

If you can post a sample of the quality issue it would help to diagnose the quality issue.

Scan the counter page in for example.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

At 64k if the PCU hasn't been rebuilt already, that's the first thing to try.

Part numbers:

B0399510 - Drum
    AD027018 - Charge roller
    AD042083 - Drum blade
    AD042058 - Charge cleaning roller
    D1589640 - Dev
    D1583820 - PTR

The PTR isn't at fault, it's the worn PCU parts.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Early symptoms of a worn drum. In another 3K to 8K you will start getting drum spots. PM time!!

After market drum, developer and toner will also cause loss of fill. Use only Genuine Ricoh. The same goes for your KM machines, use only Genuine KM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Transfer roller current amount, depends on paper type, paper tray and paper width and it varies during printing.
    Low (positive)at the leading edge, high during image transfer and low again between pages.
    Negative current is applied to clean transfer roller from any toner particles.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Transfer roller current amount, depends on paper type, paper tray and paper width and it varies during printing.
    Low (positive)at the leading edge, high during image transfer and low again between pages.
    Negative current is applied to clean transfer roller from any toner particles.
    Thanks Polo,Valuable information. I've already gone through other threads about replacement of OEM parts only. But in this case I'm trying to understand the technique, how Ricoh is delivering/providing the Bias voltage to PTR. Out of curiosity I shorted (Somehow) the the PTR biasing plate to PTR shaft and the result is attached. Above one is problematic image and below one is after my experiment.
    Any expert advise...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

The expert advices have been given above : replace all PM parts.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Thanks Polo,Valuable information. I've already gone through other threads about replacement of OEM parts only. But in this case I'm trying to understand the technique, how Ricoh is delivering/providing the Bias voltage to PTR. Out of curiosity I shorted (Somehow) the the PTR biasing plate to PTR shaft and the result is attached. Above one is problematic image and below one is after my experiment.
    Any expert advise...
    If that was a photocopier copy of the counter sheet it's the optics

If it a counter report it will be the pcu pm parts you can use a type 1027 pcu complete unit if you not sure on replacement of parts

Good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com