Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

SP C410DN no feed

Hi, All. I am dealing with a dreaded 410 (big, complicated, all components crammed into a small space, and you cannot do a visual on the feed from the paper tray). The tray feed roller is turning (I can hear it) but it shows a J003 misfeed every time. When I pull out the tray(this is the second tray I have tried in the machine), the paper has not moved at all leaving me to believe that the paper is not coming in contact good enough with the feed roller. Unfortunately, you can't see any of this with this design. Sigh. Anyone had weird tray 1 issues with this model? BTW, paper feeds just fine from the bypass.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Re: SP C410DN no feed

I would make a mark with a pen on the feed roller to check if it turns
    and it is enabled. Do not trust it if it is old enough,look for the friction pad
    spring if it exists also.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

No Technical Bulletin reference also.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I am dealing with a dreaded 410 (big, complicated, all components crammed into a small space, and you cannot do a visual on the feed from the paper tray). The tray feed roller is turning (I can hear it) but it shows a J003 misfeed every time. When I pull out the tray(this is the second tray I have tried in the machine), the paper has not moved at all leaving me to believe that the paper is not coming in contact good enough with the feed roller. Unfortunately, you can't see any of this with this design. Sigh. Anyone had weird tray 1 issues with this model? BTW, paper feeds just fine from the bypass.
    Have a look at the green plastic that you have to pull away from feed roller when you replace they brake
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Have a look at the green plastic that you have to pull away from feed roller when you replace they brake
    It is intact and functioning correctly. I just went through the process of pulling, disassembling and cleaning the feed clutch. I will have it back together tomorrow for testing, THEN I get to deal with the original issue of SC 303.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    It is intact and functioning correctly. I just went through the process of pulling, disassembling and cleaning the feed clutch. I will have it back together tomorrow for testing, THEN I get to deal with the original issue of SC 303.
    That error would probably be the yellow pcu
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    That error would probably be the yellow pcu
    Unfortunately a brand new set of pcu's were installed, and the error returned. FUN FUN!
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    SP C410DN no feed

Ok, I got it to feed now. The machine is setting on a salesmaker machine cart with a carpeted top, so I put a piece of cardboard underneath to allow for tray 1 easy removal. I have done this in the past with no feed issues. However this time the tray was being pushed up a couple mils by the cardboard. I put a couple of B246 sep rollers under the front machine feet and feeding is all good now, and the sc303 has not returned at this point. Thanks everyone for the responses and have a great day!
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING