Thread: Savin MP c3002

Savin MP c3002

Hey hey copytechnet, I am the end user of a Savin MP c3002 and I am getting the error code SC672-00 I am not factory trained but I have been talking with a service tech that does not live close by me. so far I Replace the D1425110 BCU and the D1425712 PCB and I'm ending with the same code at start up. does any one have some pointers for me ???

Thanks so much ,

Tyson

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Savin MP c3002

Re: Savin MP c3002

The error code 672 or SC672 is a controller startup error. It could mean the controller board is installed incorrectly or has gone bad. It could also be a simpler solution such as a connector somewhere is not securely fastened.

Savin MP c3002

Quote Originally Posted by tysonkuchta View Post
    Hey hey copytechnet, I am the end user of a Savin MP c3002 and I am getting the error code SC672-00 I am not factory trained but I have been talking with a service tech that does not live close by me. so far I Replace the D1425110 BCU and the D1425712 PCB and I'm ending with the same code at start up. does any one have some pointers for me ???
    Thanks so much , Tyson
    did you CLEAR the error after replacing the boards?
    did you hook them up properly ?
    did you swap over the NVRAM from old to new?

so many questions so few answers ...

this SHOULD have been handled by a TRAINED service tech with THE MANUAL! There are certain procedures that MUST be followed PRECISELY IN THE PROPER ORDER!

Savin MP c3002

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    did you CLEAR the error after replacing the boards?
    did you hook them up properly ?
    did you swap over the NVRAM from old to new?

so many questions so few answers ...

this SHOULD have been handled by a TRAINED service tech with THE MANUAL! There are certain procedures that MUST be followed PRECISELY IN THE PROPER ORDER!
    Yeo, and are these new or used PCBs? If used, do you know for sure they were working...did you actually see them in a working machine?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Savin MP c3002

Thanks so much ,

Tyson
    SC672 is one of the most wide-ranging error codes. It seems to be generally caused by a power surge that shorts out something.
    A couple of other things to try is remove/disconnect the Fax board (if installed), and also disconnect the HDD and try booting up the machine.
    If it boots it's obviously caused by one of the 2. Re-connect 1 at a time to determine which one.
    You might not even require the fax these days. If not, then you're good to go. But if it's the HDD, then you'll need to reformat/ replace it in order to use many features - specifically scanning.
    * Note if it does boot up without the HDD connected, you will see some error messages flashing in the bottom of the screen (Generally SC8xx) indicating an issue with the HDD.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Savin MP c3002

Thanks so much ,

Tyson

Put all the original boards back on & see if the machine will accept a firmware update.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Savin MP c3002

Thanks so much ,

Tyson
    Hi you shouldn't start by replacing boards put the old pwb's back on and start from there
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com