SC488-00 On a Ricoh pro8200

SC488-00 On a pro8200
    I have a pro8200 that has intermittent sc488-00 codes
    I have replaced the lock sensor and the torque limiter, cleaned the tubes
    And still having the issue

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: SC488-00 On a Ricoh pro8200

You have got to remove the upper and lower waste toner tube assy's and disassemble them. Clean everything, pay special attention to the bushings. If they are really bad, just replace the two assys. If you do replace the lower unit, order the bushing as well, B1202063 Bushing.

Also refer the this tech pub. SC488 Peventive Mesaures.pdf

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    You have got to remove the upper and lower waste toner tube assy's and disassemble them. Clean everything, pay special attention to the bushings. If they are really bad, just replace the two assys. If you do replace the lower unit, order the bushing as well, B1202063 Bushing.

Also refer the this tech pub. SC488 Peventive Mesaures.pdf
    thanks alot for that brother!

Here's another tech pub with more information. SC488 New Style Filters.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Anothertech,
    Thank you so much for posting this, we are a kyocera dealer, kyocera re badge these machines. so we dont have access to the bulletins
    could you please or someone post the troubleshooting bulletin.

008 REISSUE SC488 (USED TONER TRANSPORT BLOCKAGE) for
    ‘Troubleshooting SC488.’
    In Addition:

QUOTE=anothertech;1558455]You have got to remove the upper and lower waste toner tube assy's and disassemble them. Clean everything, pay special attention to the bushings. If they are really bad, just replace the two assys. If you do replace the lower unit, order the bushing as well, B1202063 Bushing.

Also refer the this tech pub. SC488 Peventive Mesaures.pdf[/QUOTE]

Technician

Intermittent SC488 codes on the Pro 8100 and 8200 i usually replace all 3 transport coils, Upper, Lower, and Waste Bottle, i replace the brass bushing that gets ovaled out out, and I also replace the PCU cleaning unit, PTR unit, and ITB cleaning unit with new assemblies. just to make sure all the coils are clean. I also replace all 6 of the filters 4 cotton and 2 ozone and vacuum the side filters, have never had a call back doing it this way. I can do everything in about 2 1/2 hours working at a relaxing pace.

*EDIT*
    Forgot to mention when dissembling the stuff in the back lay it out in the order you take it off and remember how it goes back on. stuff has to be re-installed in a certain order and if you miss a part you'll be spending more time taking stuff back off to re-install the part that should have went on first.
    Last edited by JaysOnTheEDGE; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    Intermittent SC488 codes on the Pro 8100 and 8200 i usually replace all 3 transport coils, Upper, Lower, and Waste Bottle, i replace the brass bushing that gets ovaled out out, and I also replace the PCU cleaning unit, PTR unit, and ITB cleaning unit with new assemblies. just to make sure all the coils are clean. I also replace all 6 of the filters 4 cotton and 2 ozone and vacuum the side filters, have never had a call back doing it this way. I can do everything in about 2 1/2 hours working at a relaxing pace.

*EDIT*
    Forgot to mention when dissembling the stuff in the back lay it out in the order you take it off and remember how it goes back on. stuff has to be re-installed in a certain order and if you miss a part you'll be spending more time taking stuff back off to re-install the part that should have went on first.
    Yeah, I learned that last part the hard way. Now I take pictures before getting in to it. Keeping all of the filters clean or replaced seems to help. I have installed about 6 of the right side filter mods, they are pretty easy to do once you've done 1 or 2.

Technician

Just did a SC488 today the bearing got smoked and seized up, was on a 8100-RM Green Line machine so no telling if they changed it out during the refurbish 2.4 M copies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    Just did a SC488 today the bearing got smoked and seized up, was on a 8100-RM Green Line machine so no telling if they changed it out during the refurbish 2.4 M copies
    What is a Rm Green Line machine? Remanufactured by Ricoh?

Is there any way to tell how many copies where on the machine before reman?

How good of a job do they do?

Does it have the right side filter mod?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    What is a Rm Green Line machine? Remanufactured by Ricoh?

Is there any way to tell how many copies where on the machine before reman?

How good of a job do they do?

Does it have the right side filter mod?
    Greenline is Ricoh's Re-manufactured line

Have only worked on 907 EX Green line - not very good
    and this one 8100 which is just like any other 8100 I've worked on

Counts are zero'd not sure about the hidden mechanical counter though i will have to check that next time i'm at the account. ( found this located behind a plastic cover to the left of tray 3 in the paper path jam clear catch bin )

No Side filter mod. I usually just hit those with my vacuum with a brush attachment from the outside. This machine isn't one i normally service , but the side filters were plugged with paper dust from the LCT installed.

It took me about 2 hours just to clean up all the blown toner all over the back of the machine. no one has bothered to change the filters and one of the ducts was split.