Ricoh mpcw2201sp black issue

Hi,
    i have problem with mpcw2201sp.. i have issue with black copy quality. As per ricoh technical bulletin i have replaced black print head.After replace i checked copy quality perfect. But after 02 days customer again complain same problem. Now i have done everything. May be again print head defect of,,, Please advice me. sample copy attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mpcw2201sp black issue

Looks like you need to clean/flush the print heads. I know that if cleaning is not done daily, the print heads will start to gum up.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    Looks like you need to clean/flush the print heads. I know that if cleaning is not done daily, the print heads will start to gum up.
    Absolutely true. I have a cw2200 that I programmed for automatic daily print head cleaning, and I still have to do it manually on the occasional service call, usually 3 or 4 cleaning cycles to bring K2 back to specs. Ink machines=not so good.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

What sort of life is the maintenance unit on?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by senakainoki View Post
    Hi,
    i have problem with mpcw2201sp.. i have issue with black copy quality. As per ricoh technical bulletin i have replaced black print head.After replace i checked copy quality perfect. But after 02 days customer again complain same problem. Now i have done everything. May be again print head defect of,,, Please advice me. sample copy attached.
    My guess is the customer does not do a heavy amount of printing. You may have been following the wrong bulletin when you replaced the black print head. There was a bulletin for the MPC W2200 and might be one for the 2201 that covered print head cleaning and other SP settings to help prevent K2 clogging.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replace maintenance unit.

I have a customer who insists on flushing the heads ALL THE TIME...excessive flushing will kill the heads before time according to the manual.
    They could just run a clean but no...they run flush instead and wonder why they're powering through ink.
    From the manual
    "• Never flush the print heads until three print head cleanings have failed to solve the problem"
    Basically there is an SC202 error that can occur from excessive flushing.

[QUOTE=Oze;1565477]I have a customer who insists on flushing the heads ALL THE TIME...excessive flushing will kill the heads before time according to the manual.
    They could just run a clean but no...they run flush instead and wonder why they're powering through ink.
    From the manual
    "• Never flush the print heads until three print head cleanings have failed to solve the problem"
    Basically there is an SC202 error that can occur from excessive flushing.[/QUOTE

Thanks for reply.