Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh SP c820dn dirty prints and transfer belt

Re: Ricoh SP c820dn dirty prints and transfer belt

Well, the fact that the printer is being used specifically for envelopes will contribute to your issues. Smaller media area printed, and also smaller area for paper feed contact points. And the fact that transfer is being accomplished through a double layer of paper. You might want to experiment with your driver settings. Do you have the paper type set to envelopes?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Well, the fact that the printer is being used specifically for envelopes will contribute to your issues. Smaller media area printed, and also smaller area for paper feed contact points. And the fact that transfer is being accomplished through a double layer of paper. You might want to experiment with your driver settings. Do you have the paper type set to envelopes?

Yes, I think you are right. I think the small sheet and minimal coverage is my big issue. Unfortunately, I can't change that.

Right now I'm running "THICK 1" My belt always looks nasty! It overtones mostly in magenta. but often in other colors too. I feel like if I could just cut the toner supply somehow, I'd be good.
    20200911_121535.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kringle View Post
    in the document, the page that talks about Process control references setting SP3531
    SP3531 doesn't seem to that on this machine. It's called "N0-use ProCon set" and is related to timer, temperature and RH range (as opposed to colors)

SP3371 looks like it refers to M/A calculation. Is that the one I should adjust to change the toner concentration level?

Thanks.
    The document has two sections. The first section is for 20-50 ppm models. SP 3531 NON-use ProCon is in the portion of the document for machines over 65 ppm. The SP C820dn is an older 20 ppm printer. Stay in the first 9 pages. Be sure to make the settings for thick paper.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The document has two sections. The first section is for 20-50 ppm models. SP 3531 NON-use ProCon is in the portion of the document for machines over 65 ppm. The SP C820dn is an older 20 ppm printer. Stay in the first 9 pages. Be sure to make the settings for thick paper.
    Got it! thanks!

How do you run the grayscale with the toners removed? Mine won't function with them out.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I got to thinking more about the driver settings. The driver is set to A-7 envelope. I have the printer paper input for the bypass tray set to custom size. However, it doesn't seem to hold that size. Everytime I exit and come back that size is defaulted to max. Is there a way to program that default custom size in the printer to 7.25x5.25?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

READ THE USERS MANUAL

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    READ THE USERS MANUAL
    Hi..... It's not in there. just says to select your size in the user menu and hit enter to program. I set the size at it shows and it defaults back to max as though it won't hold the setting. I didn't know if there was a place to change that user default in the system settings. Seems like a machine bug in the user menu.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Hi..... It's not in there. just says to select your size in the user menu and hit enter to program. I set the size at it shows and it defaults back to max as though it won't hold the setting. I didn't know if there was a place to change that user default in the system settings. Seems like a machine bug in the user menu.
    With a MFP we could tell you where to go in User Tools to set it to use "Command/Computer Control" instead of "Machine Setting" for paper size and type.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Yes, I think you are right. I think the small sheet and minimal coverage is my big issue. Unfortunately, I can't change that.

Right now I'm running "THICK 1" My belt always looks nasty! It overtones mostly in magenta. but often in other colors too. I feel like if I could just cut the toner supply somehow, I'd be good.
    20200911_121535.jpg
    The problem is probably the magenta pcdu just check turn the transfer belt see if it cleans of
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    With a MFP we could tell you where to go in User Tools to set it to use "Command/Computer Control" instead of "Machine Setting" for paper size and type.
    I have logged in to the printer via the IP. It looks like the paper setting for the bypass tray is
    Paper Size : Custom Size
    Custom Paper Size
    Horizontal : 5.83inch
    Vertical : 8.26inch
    Paper Type : Thick Paper 1 (106 to 170g/mē)
    Apply Auto Paper Select : On
    Apply Duplex : On

It is not editable in the web interface. I'd like it to be 7.25 x 5.25

The toner and ibt setting alterations you sent SEEM to be helping, but I need to figure out how to run out the drums some. you had said I could pull the toners out and run some gray scale sheets, but my machine won't run with the toners pulled out. Can you advise how to do that?

Thanks for all the assistance.

UPDATE.... it is editable when I log in with admin credentials.... however, I run 1 envelope and the settings revert to default. So it will not hold the updated paper setting I enter. seems odd.
    Last edited by kringle; 09-13-2020 at 04:42 AM.