Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: IMC3000 NVRAM zero counter

It didn't start up or was very slow . . . the new NVRAM was the solution, on advice from Ricoh itself !

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    How about a description of the problem. One of us might be able to help you repair it properly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IMC3000 NVRAM zero counter

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBest View Post
    Well as I said before I don't need to know how the procedure is, I know it and of course it should not be written here.
    Read my question, I just asked if it is the same on the IMC's
    Ok, but I also suggested that you take the new nvram.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    How about a description of the problem. One of us might be able to help you repair it properly.
    Exactly! I can't think of any issue with a copier that you would need to reset the main counter to resolve a fault.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

It can happen when you load a damaged firmware, or some technical magician changes all the standard passwords.
    Last edited by GIUBOSS; 09-20-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    It can happen when you load a damaged firmware, or some technical magician changes all the standard passwords.
    It can also happen when Ricoh send instructions directly to the customers on how to encrypt their machine and they bugger it up
    Last edited by Oze; 09-21-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    It can also happens when Ricoh send instructions directly to the customers on how to encrypt their machine and they bugger it up
    Encrypted machines can be reset, I've had to do it when a HDD failed on an encrypted machine.

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    I've never seen a machine damaged by corrupted firmware that can not be reloaded with fresh firmware.

All lost password issues on this model can be resolved using factory service mode.
    Last edited by anothertech; 09-21-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Encrypted machines can be reset, I've had to do it when a HDD failed on an encrypted machine.
    Same here but I've never successfully been able to get the SD Encryption recovery process working.

Same here but I've never successfully been able to get the SD Encryption recovery process working.

I have not be able to do it using the SD card either. I called Ricoh when I had the problem, they walked me through the reset procedure. Maybe somebody will read this and post the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Exactly! I can't think of any issue with a copier that you would need to reset the main counter to resolve a fault.
    - We just had one in our shop for about a month (MP 5054) that we put 2 different controllers in, IPU, BCU, etc., etc., Tried the NVRAM Clear procedure, and when that wouldn't work as it should have... Ricoh's suggestion was the NVRAM had become corrupted and they told us to replace NVRAM, and VOILA! Sucks that it resets all the counters though.

It can also happen when Ricoh send instructions directly to the customers on how to encrypt their machine and they bugger it up
    I hate HDD Encryption, that was part of the reason we had to do the NVCLEAR method on the above mentioned machine......Customer didn't keep a backup of the Key!!

1)Encrypted machines can be reset, I've had to do it when a HDD failed on an encrypted machine.
    2)I've never seen a machine damaged by corrupted firmware that can not be reloaded with fresh firmware.
    3)All lost password issues on this model can be resolved using factory service mode.
    1)Only When the Customer or the Tech. have the Encryption Key!! otherwise you've gotta do the "NVClear" method......which I don't think takes your copy and print counters away like replacing the NVram does....I could be wrong though.
    2)I've run into "module authentication failed" with failed firmware updates, and have had to replace the controller or have it repaired by Hytec, but not the NVram.
    3)Only the admin passwords and such....but if someone changes the Service mode entry code, there is NO way to reset it....not even in factory mode.

I have not be able to do it using the SD card either. I called Ricoh when I had the problem, they walked me through the reset procedure. Maybe somebody will read this and post the procedure.
    I was given the "old" directions by 3 different people (one from hytec, and two people from Freakin' RICOH), for a MP C4503 last year. It's also the same directions they have posted on the Ricoh Knowledgebase. We finally got a guy from Ricoh who said the other guys were giving me the old method, and that everything from Cxx03 (Metis) on up is a slightly different procedure/ set up. Gave me the correct SD card setup procedure and Boom! Good to Go!
    Omertà