Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Mp4054 random duplex jams

is the registration of the image on the paper correct?

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Seen intermittent jamming due to fusing sleeve becoming dry and difficult to turn. Causes slight delay in paper transport that may not be an issue in simplex but becomes an issue in duplex. If it is a lightly used machine the fuser sleeve may be well under rated yield.

Mp4054 random duplex jams

Following the "KISS Principle", how many clicks on this machine? If it's over 150K, you might want to start with new feed/separation rollers, check your torque limiters, and cleaning all the rollers in the feed and duplex path.

If it's just "randomly" jamming, that's my go-to starting point.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Hello guys
    Changed Friday all three sensors in the exit unit, tried smc printout (3 times) and everything ok.... Customer prints ONE sheet (duplex)... And again J27!.... I start to think that there is a problem in the network or so (already tried pcl6 and pcl5). The other thing is that this machine has a different exit unit as other machines we have around, it looks like a kind of motorized fax exit, other machines have only a simple plastic exit tray.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello guys
    Changed Friday all three sensors in the exit unit, tried smc printout (3 times) and everything ok.... Customer prints ONE sheet (duplex)... And again J27!.... I start to think that there is a problem in the network or so (already tried pcl6 and pcl5). The other thing is that this machine has a different exit unit as other machines we have around, it looks like a kind of motorized fax exit, other machines have only a simple plastic exit tray.

Hmm, it could be that heat is an issue. I had that once! Cold duplex, no problem, but after a while it jammed.
    Duplex guide?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Hello
    As suggested i started a new thread for this problem.

I have a Mp4054 with random duplex jams.. Very random, the customer says it happens only on cold machine and only during prints, but in the log i saw that i happened even after a print job of 200-300 sheets. During the service the machine jammed only two times at the same way,the first was a print.. The second a SMC printout... It seems that the paper comes out from the duplex tray for only a few centimeters, then feeds back in the machine and jams there,when everything works fine the paper comes out for about 15 cm and then feeds back in the machine. Six months ago we changed the Fusing Sleeve Assy and the entire duplex exit section for this random jams, i thought there was a faulty solenoid in the duplex unit. But now the problem is back (the customer was closed during lockdown, so he couldn't try the machine).

I had the same problem a few weeks ago (J27), to do first I replaced the paper exit / reverse unit on the machine, I have not yet had time to restore it in the laboratory, but I am sure it is a sensor
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

UPDATE!!

Hello guys

The problem was caused by the BIN TRAY BN3110......i removed the tray one week ago and no more jams.... Till today....the machine works fine e with a normal exit tray.
    Thank you for al your suggestions

Memento Audere Semper

UPDATE!!

Hello guys

The problem was caused by the BIN TRAY BN3110......i removed the tray one week ago and no more jams.... Till today....the machine works fine e with a normal exit tray.
    Thank you for al your suggestions

Keep in mind that when a B.U. is installed, paper guides needs to be fit on the exit cover.

There is no Bridge Unit installed, only the BN3110

Memento Audere Semper