Technician

Ricoh pro 5100s itb cleaning unit problem

ITB cleaning unit filling
    Hi there. I have a Charis Pro c5100 which keeps backing up waste toner under the cleaning brush every 2000-3000 pages. The waste auger is clear, there is no blockage in the waste system of any kind, the cleaning unit is turning ok yet the seal below the brush fills up and drops on the prints. I have allready replaced the itb CL. Unit with a New one, thanks for any reply

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh pro 5100s itb cleaning unit problem

New ITB cleaning unit or a rebuilt one. What kind of yields are you getting on the toner cartridges? Are you using Genuine Ricoh toner or after market? And don't say OEM because that means nothing. If it does not have the Genuine Ricoh markings on the cartridge boxes, then it is after market crap.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What is the PM counter on the ITB Belt and bias rollers, I have run into several with over 3 MIL on the belts and bias rollers and they run dirty causing dropping and cause excessive build up in the cleaning unit. I had one that was so bad i was able to remove the belt after taking off the tension roller. I didn't have to fold the front of the ITB belt unit in.

How full is the waste toner bottle? I've had some where the coil breaks inside after it gets some volume in it and causes all kinds of issues. Easy enough to check.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

anyone come up with a resolve for this, i have new itb cleaning unit, transfer unit and rebuilt ITB assy still builds up on ITB cleaning unit and spills onto media

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It sounds to me like something is preventing the waste toner/lube powder from dropping down into the collection coil.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

i agree but to this point not certain what - will be looking into actual drive system next time on site

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaysOnTheEDGE View Post
    What is the PM counter on the ITB Belt and bias rollers, I have run into several with over 3 MIL on the belts and bias rollers and they run dirty causing dropping and cause excessive build up in the cleaning unit. I had one that was so bad i was able to remove the belt after taking off the tension roller. I didn't have to fold the front of the ITB belt unit in.

How full is the waste toner bottle? I've had some where the coil breaks inside after it gets some volume in it and causes all kinds of issues. Easy enough to check.
    This, had the same issue. Rebuilt ITB cleaning unit then replaced with new. I then realized all the rollers and belt in the ITB were past life. Did a complete overhaul for the unit and problem went away.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    This, had the same issue. Rebuilt ITB cleaning unit then replaced with new. I then realized all the rollers and belt in the ITB were past life. Did a complete overhaul for the unit and problem went away.
    ty
    but ITB unit has been recently rebuilt on mine as well