Toner marks at the edges of the paper Ricoh w2400

I have toner marks at the edges of the paper on my Ricoh w2400. I can't figure out what cause this. I clean the drum unit. The cleaning blade is mostly new. anyway probably the problem would be worst if it was a blade problem. I clean de developer unit also. Just ordered new shield for Drum and developer unit, hoping it will solve it... Any idea anyone?
    image2.jpgimage1.jpg

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Re: Toner marks at the edges of the paper Ricoh w2400

The drum cleaning unit casing has a thin seal that lightly contacts the drum and keeps toner cleaned off the drum from falling back out before being angered to the waste bottle. It is likely hard, shrunken and warped. The casing needs to be replaced, it has this seal factory installed.

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    The drum cleaning unit casing has a thin seal that lightly contacts the drum and keeps toner cleaned off the drum from falling back out before being angered to the waste bottle. It is likely hard, shrunken and warped. The casing needs to be replaced, it has this seal factory installed.

Are you talking about the sponge like material at the ends? because i order those parts ( they are called drum and blade shields ) if so, will it do the trick or i need a new drum kit?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Toner marks at the edges of the paper Ricoh w2400

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper1974 View Post
    Are you talking about the sponge like material at the ends? because i order those parts ( they are called drum and blade shields ) if so, will it do the trick or i need a new drum kit?

I think he's talking about a thin mylar seal that runs the length of the drum. Sometimes it gets pushed in and you can take your finger and run it along the bottom from end to end so that it's pushed back out to an angle of about 20-degrees.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

I am speaking of the thin seal running the length of the drum unit. Likely wise to replace the other foam pieces too. On a unit of this age the long mylar and foam pieces have likely degraded beyond useability. Be careful if you mess about with the long seal, it just might break off if hardened up.

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I am speaking of the thin seal running the length of the drum unit. Likely wise to replace the other foam pieces too. On a unit of this age the long mylar and foam pieces have likely degraded beyond useability. Be careful if you mess about with the long seal, it just might break off if hardened up.
    Merci!!!

Thanks a lot... It was a little curved at the ends, a little warped but not dry. So i force it a little and put something to help push again the drum...

It's working perfectly

Thanks again