Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh Mp2501 ( Too light copy problem

Good Day,

I have Ricoh Mp2501 and it gives me too light/gray copy, when i print the meter counter the copy is clear and good, but when i photocopy the copy is too light, i check and clean the optics/scanner mirror/ everything i also check the imaging consumables etc but it doesnt help at all. any idea? 120227810_324366808825421_3764084109841888508_n.jpg
    Last edited by roser72; 09-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Technician

Re: Ricoh Mp2501 ( Too light copy problem

Hi , check these things, in this order

1) Optics and mirrors
    2) lens and sbu board
    3) PCU and developer unit (unlikely)
    4) laser unit (unlikely)

It should be 1 of those. Seems like a problem with the lens and sbu.

Also if you show us a few prints and a few copies we will a better idea of what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by KeviM View Post
    Hi , check these things, in this order

1) Optics and mirrors
    2) lens and sbu board
    3) PCU and developer unit (unlikely)
    4) laser unit (unlikely)

It should be 1 of those. Seems like a problem with the lens and sbu.

Also if you show us a few prints and a few copies we will a better idea of what's going on

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, we already sort out the problem was Lens/sbu board it was the proper positioning, until now we are still adjusting for the exact position of this since we are fixing it piece by piece not whole sbu. sometimes there is a half copy if we rotate sometime the copy will lost

Quote Originally Posted by roser72 View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for the advice, we already sort out the problem was Lens/sbu board it was the proper positioning, until now we are still adjusting for the exact position of this since we are fixing it piece by piece not whole sbu. sometimes there is a half copy if we rotate sometime the copy will lost
    The lens is factory aligned to the bracklet it is mounted on. Once you loosen the screws holding it to the bracket you are more likely to waste more in labor costs than it would have been to purchase a new complete assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The lens is factory aligned to the bracklet it is mounted on. Once you loosen the screws holding it to the bracket you are more likely to waste more in labor costs than it would have been to purchase a new complete assembly.

Thanks,. is there a way to put back the position without wasting the other lens?

Quote Originally Posted by roser72 View Post
    Thanks,. is there a way to put back the position without wasting the other lens?
    Only if you have a set of the alignment jigs that the factory use. In the future just power off and clean the dust/toner haze off the mirrors and the under side of the glass. The light copy problem will then be corrected when it does the white reference adjustment at power on. As dust builds up on the mirrors the white reference starts looking a darker and darker shade of gray. This slowly shifts the gray scale.

Technician

Yes I agree with slimslob, never open the lens from the board. It is factory set and with be very difficult to reset.

That's why I only said to check on the lens and sbu.

Check to see if you get another complete sbu and lens unit to swop into that machine. Don't open the factory markings.

Technician

Check the transfer roller. Ive seen this before and when i checked the transfer roller, there was a crack or tear on the roller.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check if the scanner unit was n't bent at the front left side (customer lean on it)

Post Re: Ricoh Mp2501 ( Too light copy problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Check if the scanner unit was n't bent at the front left side (customer lean on it)
    Unlike old MP 2000 model this machine comes with plastic support for scanner unit on the left hand side, so the possibility of scanner bend is less.(It can happen if someone removed it willfully) light copy problem of MP 2501sp is very much annoying, but MP 2000 gives good quality copies even under dusty environments. Because of colour scan, I think MP 2501sp has complex lens & CCD system. However MP2501L using CIS lens assy, always have good quality copies.