Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

Re: MPC3503 won't print out faxes

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    print out SMC report section of FAX settings.. scan to PDF and post here

As requested here are System Parameter, User Parameter and Non Defaults lists
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MPC3503 won't print out faxes

Quote Originally Posted by withnail View Post
    do the trays have thick1 and not plain in them? that's the start.. reports need to print on plain

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts withnail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    do the trays have thick1 and not plain in them? that's the start.. reports need to print on plain
    No none of the trays have any labels on them so all plain. Tray 1 is locked as it has yellow paper in it but I have turned off the lock and no change.

Fax tray is set to auto in Fax User Tools RX settings and Fax Priority in paper tray setting is currently set to Tray 2 that has plain landscape A4 in it. I've tried all trays for fax priority as well as matching the Fax tray to the same tray in RX settings and nothing changes.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

1) SMC report is more than 4 pg long... you didn't include the print settings tray 1 = xxx size

I don't see in EITHER of those docs.. ( unless i missed it on 4th review ) the PAPER SIZE per tray.

I see param's for leading edge THICK1 in all trays.

but I want to see the page that displays size/type for each tray .. that should also show page counts for same.

User Switch
    SW11 Auto reduce should be ON it's set to off

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    User Switch
    SW11 Auto reduce should be ON it's set to off
    I'm sorry but Auto Reduction is not SW11. It is SW10 bit 3. Having it off is Default. All that it will cause is that an alarm will sound and user will be prompted to load the required paper size. Many people do not want the image reduced.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am seeing two potential settings that could be your problem.
    1. User Switch SW14 bit 0, Night printing mode is ON. Faxes will only be printed when machine goes into night mode. If night mode is not set up on the machine, it will never go into night mode.
    2. User Switch SW32 bit 0, Select destination type priority is set for Electronic Output. Should be set to Papwer Output unless some type of fax forwarding is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I'm sorry but Auto Reduction is not SW11. It is SW10 bit 3. Having it off is Default. All that it will cause is that an alarm will sound and user will be prompted to load the required paper size. Many people do not want the image reduced.

Auto Reduction is WHAT is will reduce oversize to fit on paper

Auto Reduction

Sets the machine to reduce the size of a received fax if it is too large to print on a single sheet of paper.

Note that the machine only reduces the size down to 74%. If further reduction is required to fit the fax on a single sheet, it will be printed on separate sheets without being reduced.

Default: [On]

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Auto Reduction is WHAT is will reduce oversize to fit on paper

Auto Reduction

Sets the machine to reduce the size of a received fax if it is too large to print on a single sheet of paper.

Note that the machine only reduces the size down to 74%. If further reduction is required to fit the fax on a single sheet, it will be printed on separate sheets without being reduced.

Not advisable with most industries where they want legal sized faxes printed on legal paper. That includes medical, legal, oil field construction, education and government. But that is beside the point. Your answer has nothing to do with faxes not being printed.

Oh by the way, I have been working on fax since Group 1 was the standard. That was 6 minutes a page or 4 minutes compressed. Not all makes and models supported compression.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not advisable with most industries where they want legal sized faxes printed on legal paper. That includes medical, legal, oil field construction, education and government. But that is beside the point. Your answer has nothing to do with faxes not being printed.

Oh by the way, I have been working on fax since Group 1 was the standard. That was 6 minutes a page or 4 minutes compressed. Not all makes and models supported compression.
    Hilarious Oh by the way as most companies don't even use legal size paper any more
    Bravo AH Since I've worked for two of the largest Copy company's in the World we ALWAYS set Faxes to Auto Reduce ON SETUP

Print Received File

Sets the machine to automatically print the faxes received into memory or store them for later manual printing.

This setting appears only for the Type 2 model.

On

Automatically print out the received faxes and delete from memory.

Off

Store the received faxes in memory for manual printing.
    Last edited by bsm2; 10-19-2020 at 06:22 AM.