Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Document Server missing

Re: Document Server missing

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Document server is on screen you may have to add it under classic application
    X 2 on this!
    I hardly ever have a need for Document Server in my environments.
    I just had a look on a machine with SOP and added it to my home screen via the Classic applications widget

As for the USB ports......Have you checked that they're enabled in User tools?
    UT / Screen Features / Screen Device Settings / Screen SD card slot (and Screen USB Memory slot)/ set to active

Its on the list of apps and it is not on the classic apps either, it only has copy, scanner and printer classics.
    SP 5-967-001 is already set to 1
    Yes... SD card slot and USB were set to inactive in those screen device settings. Completely forgot those were there, annoying getting used to that layout of user tools/screen features then on brand new machines there is another new layout now.
    Still no doc server in it sight though.
    Having now set the wallpaper i did notice on screen as i pressed finger down on an empty space, the bin icon appeared in the corner as if I was pressing down on an app ready to drag and drop it to the bin. There are 2 'invisible apps' on the home screen. It is not screen calibration being wrong either.
    I hate second hand machines

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Its on the list of apps and it is not on the classic apps either, it only has copy, scanner and printer classics.
    SP 5-967-001 is already set to 1
    Yes... SD card slot and USB were set to inactive in those screen device settings. Completely forgot those were there, annoying getting used to that layout of user tools/screen features then on brand new machines there is another new layout now.
    Still no doc server in it sight though.
    Having now set the wallpaper i did notice on screen as i pressed finger down on an empty space, the bin icon appeared in the corner as if I was pressing down on an app ready to drag and drop it to the bin. There are 2 'invisible apps' on the home screen. It is not screen calibration being wrong either.
    I hate second hand machines
    Have you tried resetting your screen to factory default? (It's the gear icon just right of the "house" icon on the very bottom edge of your touch panel.)

On this model there is no gear icon next to home but the 3 horizontal lines (Guys at Ricoh sometimes call it the burger icon) and by pressing that 1 option comes up to 'Reset home information' ... I kind of knew what it was going to do but pressed it anyway and yep it just reset the screen, so I have to set it back up again but Doc Server is still missing from everywhere.

On this model there is no gear icon next to home but the 3 horizontal lines (Guys at Ricoh sometimes call it the burger icon) and by pressing that 1 option comes up to 'Reset home information' ... I kind of knew what it was going to do but pressed it anyway and yep it just reset the screen, so I have to set it back up again but Doc Server is still missing from everywhere.
    Sorry to hear that. Unless you can try reverting backwards on firmware version, I can think of nothing else short of parts replacement. Good luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Document Server missing

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    SP 5-967 should be set to 1. It's called Copy Server
    MAKE SURE THIS (SP5-967) IS SET TO '0'. NOT '1'. 0 = ON, 1 = OFF.

Just set one to 1 in our shop and POOF! Doc. Server stuff GONE! This is your issue!
    Omertà

Well I have already upped it from whatever version it was on to latest package and it made no difference so I would be surprised if it is firmware related.
    I still have this feeling that somewhere in SP mode there is a setting to hide/block the doc server... it kind of goes along with the fact they disabled sd card and usb slots as well. Like they wanted no way for people to save, store or retrieve documents to/from the machine.
    It is such an unused feature that if by the time I go to install it I still haven't figured it out, I will just drag the icon to the bin on the other machine and not mention it as a feature. If then they specifically ask for it I can say the IMC machine has that feature but not this 4504 model... now I sound like a crap engineer

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Document Server missing

Quote Originally Posted by jaypaul View Post
    well i have already upped it from whatever version it was on to latest package and it made no difference so i would be surprised if it is firmware related.
    I still have this feeling that somewhere in sp mode there is a setting to hide/block the doc server... It kind of goes along with the fact they disabled sd card and usb slots as well. Like they wanted no way for people to save, store or retrieve documents to/from the machine.
    It is such an unused feature that if by the time i go to install it i still haven't figured it out, i will just drag the icon to the bin on the other machine and not mention it as a feature. If then they specifically ask for it i can say the imc machine has that feature but not this 4504 model... Now i sound like a crap engineer
    make sure this (sp5-967) is set to '0'. Not '1'. 0 = on, 1 = off.

Set back to ‘0’ and power cycle machine.
    Omertà

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    make sure this (sp5-967) is set to '0'. Not '1'. 0 = on, 1 = off.
    Oh man, I replied to that last message at the sae time you said that so I didn't see it.
    It even says on SP mode 0 = ON and 1=OFF.... god damn how did I not see that. IT IS BACK!
    Much appreciated. I knew it was an SP mode setting that needed changing, without being pointed towards that I'd be in there for ages looking at random settings!

Oh man, I replied to that last message at the sae time you said that so I didn't see it.
    It even says on SP mode 0 = ON and 1=OFF.... god damn how did I not see that. IT IS BACK!
    Much appreciated. I knew it was an SP mode setting that needed changing, without being pointed towards that I'd be in there for ages looking at random settings!
    Damn it! SO sorry that I misled you. I was going on old digital impulse (1=ON, 0=OFF). So glad someone else could clean up my trash. My apologies but happy you are set back on track.