Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C2003 Can scan to WIN 10 Home but not WIN 10 Pro

Re: MP C2003 Can scan to WIN 10 Home but not WIN 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In Control Panel - System - Workgroup on the Windows10 Pro are they set to the same WORKGROUPname as the win10 Home computers or are they set to a DOMAIN name? Domain computers will not accept fie transfers from non domain devices. If all 3 WQin10 Pros are set to the same domain name, try setting the C2003 to the same domain, not workgroup, name, then set one of the Win10 Pros as the first DNS and try scanning by device name not IP address.
    Thank you for this. I thought I had said earlier there is no domain (no server). I will double check that they are on the same workgroup. All the PCs can see each other so I assume they are.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Thank you for this. I thought I had said earlier there is no domain (no server). I will double check that they are on the same workgroup. All the PCs can see each other so I assume they are.
    And my last reply had to do with whether they had a Domain name set and not a workgroup name.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

One last detail to check. The network the pc connects to is listed as a private, not a public. This has rectified lots of scan to folder issues for me. Then for testing purposes, disable firewall and antivirus on the pc to eliminate those sources. Try IP rather than hostname of pc. On pc control panel go into network, check advanced sharing settings and that discovery is turned on. If firewall or antivirus is problem, create exception for ip of copier. Best luck is when share folder is in the root of host hdd, not buried under the user/xxx/xxx.

A couple times when SMB fails, I've set up FTP and it works as it should. Customer doesn't know the difference. Normally I have trouble more so with the home version, not the pro version of WINDBLOWS 10.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Thanks for all the info folks!
    I am familiar with all these processes.
    Now I think I know what it is:
    You can scan to Windows 10 Home with a PIN.
    You cannot scan to Windows 10 Pro with a PIN. It has to be a password. Can anyone verify this?
    Now I have an issue changing the PIN to a password, which is a separate problem. The option to remove it is not there. I am working on that with the customer. Also their secondary confirmation email with Microsoft is gmail and it is full so we cannot get a confirmation. When the customer deleted some old emails it still did not allow him to receive, so we are waiting for gmail to catch up and then I will go back. Major pain all these scanning issues! At least the with new machines the customer can update their firmware themselves! But that still won't resolve the turning off of network sharing when there are major updates...
    To best of my knowledge you cannot scan to any version of Windows using the PIN rather than Password.
    I can't on any of my own. I have both versions.
    ALSO, you can only setup the PIN once the password has been established. You can't "change the PIN to a password", it's an additional way for a user to sign in. They are 2 separate things.
    I also agree with rthonpm that is the user is signing in with a MS account rather than a local account, you will need to use the password from their MS account on the scanner

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Scan to folder will be a never ending story, so to speak.
    @tonerhead mention Ftp as an option that will keep on spinning, get my votes too.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Scan to folder will be a never ending story, so to speak.
    @tonerhead mention Ftp as an option that will keep on spinning, get my votes too.
    The problem with FTP is that the IT at many major corporations consider it as big a security risk as SMBv1 and will cancel contracts with anyone wanting to setup an anonymous FTP server.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The domain name of a scanner is only important with scanning to folder (not with scan to email).
    The domain name is given automatically with dhcp.
    With this domain name the domain network server will recognize the scanner.
    The domain controller will block the scanner if it's firewall is set up that way, earlier.
    Than the IT'er must set up the domain controller in a way that this scanner is considered as safe and has rights for sending to hosts that has given the permission to receive from this domain scanner.
    Correct?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The problem with FTP is that the IT at many major corporations consider it as big a security risk as SMBv1 and will cancel contracts with anyone wanting to setup an anonymous FTP server.
    I never thought about that. Thanks for the words or wisdom, my man.

There are two gotchas in windows 10...
    You need to enable smb in additional features... and 2 you need to make sure the network is either private, business or home... public blocks scanning... and when you change those reboot pc... next make sure the user account for scanning is admin type account...

To rule out firewall turn it off... completely built in and the one they bought...

Best practice... see if you can scan to copier on their network with your laptop... then see if you can move files from your pc to theirs... when you can those two or get those two working on their network scanning typically resolves or at the least you will better understand what's going on..

Keep in mind some firewalls programs need exception rules for smb...

Also all of this is a shot in the dark if you dont list your procedures... how you setup scanning... step by step...
    Sad To Say I Don't Have a Life
    I do this stuff on the weekends too

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    The domain name of a scanner is only important with scanning to folder (not with scan to email).
    The domain name is given automatically with dhcp.
    With this domain name the domain network server will recognize the scanner.
    The domain controller will block the scanner if it's firewall is set up that way, earlier.
    Than the IT'er must set up the domain controller in a way that this scanner is considered as safe and has rights for sending to hosts that has given the permission to receive from this domain scanner.
    Correct?
    Hello? Anybody out there?