Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricoh mpc 5501

Cool Ricoh mpc 5501

Hello world, I have an interesting issue with Ricoh MPC 5501 that I received used from a wholeseller, it came with a bridge unit , so I removed it and now get a misfeed error after paper has exited into internal tray. so I reinstalled bridge unit and hooked up a sorter that works fine on another MPC 4501 Machine I have in my shop , now paper exits through bridge unit and when it enters the sorter it stops at entrance and does not pull it through into the sorter, has anyone ever had this issue before?.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh  mpc 5501

Re: Ricoh mpc 5501

Quote Originally Posted by QCCDUDE View Post
    Hello world, I have an interesting issue with Ricoh MPC 5501 that I received used from a wholeseller, it came with a bridge unit , so I removed it and now get a misfeed error after paper has exited into internal tray. so I reinstalled bridge unit and hooked up a sorter that works fine on another MPC 4501 Machine I have in my shop , now paper exits through bridge unit and when it enters the sorter it stops at entrance and does not pull it through into the sorter, has anyone ever had this issue before?.
    What jam error does it indicate? Try with the bridge unit installed by unplugging the finisher, it should work but it should indicate finisher error.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh  mpc 5501

Is this the machine where you have to fold up the paper exit sensor when you fit the bridge?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Ricoh  mpc 5501

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Is this the machine where you have to fold up the paper exit sensor when you fit the bridge?
    yes, this is one of the models, but I believe that the problem does not depend on this sensor, which delimits the maximum level of paper in the output tray.

Hey Guys , Thanks for you info, but with the bridge unit installed , why does the paper stop and jam at the sorter entrance, could this problem be that it needs firmware update?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Hey Guys , Thanks for you info, but with the bridge unit installed , why does the paper stop and jam at the sorter entrance, could this problem be that it needs firmware update?
    '
    with bridge and no sorter it will code 792 but still work.
    it should just go in the "belly" of machine..
    that external switch is just for when you over run copies and not remove any from there like 500 copies or so

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh  mpc 5501

Its probably the entrance guide been damaged on finisher very common
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

it might be a solenoid spring that popped off that tells the paper to go to sorter or inside top of bridge unit.
    might be able to see it if you take a few covers off

You have checked the finisher for good operation on an other model?
    Is it the same problem with another (good working) bridge unit?

When a finisher is installed (and a B.U.) there are some (mostly bleu) guides that must be attached to the exit plate, that is for better paper aligning in the curve. If you remove them, is the problem solved?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh  mpc 5501

Getting to the basics does the jammed paper have a crease on the leading edge?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.