Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    technical documents - holder

Re: technical documents - holder

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I'm glad you mentioned this...We install quite a few OCR units these days and you need to store the SD card in the machine. Where is the storage slot(s) on other MFPs designed differently? I have found no storage spaces for the SD card described in other service manuals even though the installation instructions tell you to "store the SD card in the prescribed storage slot."

From the service manual.

SD Storage.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Yes. Copier Tech cited the C3003 as an example...but my question is, is there a similar "holder" on the other Ricoh MFP machines of other designs?
    Different models will have different recommended storage locations. Usually the portion of the service manual dealing with merging applications on one SD card will make reference to the location. Example this is from the service manual for the Pro 107EX "The SD card is the only evidence that the customer is licensed to use the application program. Also, the technician may occasionally need to check the SD card and its data. For these reasons, store the unused SD cards in the front cover of the main machine."

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Yes. Copier Tech cited the C3003 as an example...but my question is, is there a similar "holder" on the other Ricoh MFP machines of other designs?
    Yes.
    Search 4 words ("insert the SD card") from the example page provided, in the Service manual of just about any model, and you'll find out where they go on that particular model.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Hoi,
    Customer sometimes throw away the technical documents when they are put in the paper tray.
    So, we use a plastic envelop , see picture (can't upload), remove the upper cover (open / close part) and stick it to the left or rear cover of the MFP.
    But that is a waste we want to avoid.
    Which holder do you use?

hi, leaving aside the fact that generally my quantum brain always remembers the parts replaced on the machines by the various customers (LOL) ... I usually apply an adhesive paper label on the replaced part, for example on the pcdu: BK = 160000 data 22/10/2020, which I consider very practical and immediate, but basic before going out, I consult our management software to get a general idea of ​​the parts replaced and the works done and their dates and quantity of prints, keep in mind that we are in two, so it is very easy to manage the history of the interventions
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)