Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: technical documents - holder

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Are you referring to service history records or Operator Information Manuals? In the case of OIMs, we hand them to a responsible customer representative.

As for service history reports if left attached to the machine in any way, shape or form they become immediately available to anyone who happens to be at the machine. This includes competitor sales people who can use it to try to say your equipment is sub par compared to theirs.
    I couldn’t agree more.

Back when we were a Canon dealer, the competition in our area was fierce, to say the least.

One dealer had a somewhat, shall we say “aggressive” (I’m trying to be polite here...) rep who made a habit of making copies of the paper logs and trying to make us look like a bunch of schmoes by not replacing every single PM part exactly on schedule.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    No holder for us. Write down the service info on the counter sheet, input data from that into electronic service report on the computer at the office and save to service history file. Works good.
    Mika: Excel, power point or a special program?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

It is also a good idea to back up the NVRam for every machine at install, you can easily keep the SD card with the machine (there is a storage slot behind the power button cover on the MP C3003 series for example)
    Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I'm glad you mentioned this...We install quite a few OCR units these days and you need to store the SD card in the machine. Where is the storage slot(s) on other MFPs designed differently? I have found no storage spaces for the SD card described in other service manuals even though the installation instructions tell you to "store the SD card in the prescribed storage slot."

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I'm glad you mentioned this...We install quite a few OCR units these days and you need to store the SD card in the machine. Where is the storage slot(s) on other MFPs designed differently? I have found no storage spaces for the SD card described in other service manuals even though the installation instructions tell you to "store the SD card in the prescribed storage slot."
    I think i understand the hint. It is possible to put all the info on the SD card instead of on a paper ...
    You can hide the SD card for THOSE SALESMEN FROM SLIMSLOB (so no one can read it...)
    Thanks for the hint, Richard!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    technical documents - holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I think i understand the hint. It is possible to put all the info on the SD card instead of on a paper ...
    You can hide the SD card for THOSE SALESMEN FROM SLIMSLOB (so no one can read it...)
    Thanks for the hint, Richard!
    In the case of any SD card where SD card appli move has been used to combine 2 or more applications onto one SD card it is not a matter of hiding the SD card. It is a matter of keeping the original SD card(s) with the machine in case someone ever need to use undo exec to remove an app. Many models include instructions in the service manual as to where to store the card(s).

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Mika: Excel, power point or a special program?
    I just created a standard service report with Word.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    SD card holder behind little panel where the on/off button is metis series it does tell you this in the installation guide for the ocr and ps3 sd cards
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Attached is storeage area
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    SD card holder behind little panel where the on/off button is metis series it does tell you this in the installation guide for the ocr and ps3 sd cards
    Attached is storeage area

That same information and illustrations is in the main service manual for the metis.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Yes. Copier Tech cited the C3003 as an example...but my question is, is there a similar "holder" on the other Ricoh MFP machines of other designs?