Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Lanier MP C2003 Magenta Developer Hsg Froze then Toner Pump failed 2 weeks later

Lanier MP C2003 Magenta Developer Hsg Froze then Toner Pump failed 2 weeks later

Hello, I went to a call a few weeks ago and found the Magenta housing main drive gear was froze and replaced the entire magenta developer housing with a new OEM and the machine was working fine. A couple of weeks later I get a call that the magenta toner cartridge was showing empty when it was full. I go to investigate and find the magenta toner pump was not delivering toner to the developer housing. This customer is using OEM toner. Is there something I am missing here. I am planning on installing a toner pump but is this a normal problem with this model ? Thanks so much for any responses !!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lanier MP C2003 Magenta Developer Hsg Froze then Toner Pump failed 2 weeks later

OEM or Genuine Ricoh. There is a difference. OEM merely means the same basic recipe as far as components. It does not mean the same quality control and definitely does not mean the same particle size. The OEM toner is most likely what caused the development unit and pump to fail.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lanier MP C2003 Magenta Developer Hsg Froze then Toner Pump failed 2 weeks later

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    OEM or Genuine Ricoh. There is a difference. OEM merely means the same basic recipe as far as components. It does not mean the same quality control and definitely does not mean the same particle size. The OEM toner is most likely what caused the development unit and pump to fail.
    +1 most problems noted here are due to crap toner and drums. bite the bullet buy Genuine OEM toner.

I believe Genuine Ricoh (It had the Ricoh Logo on it.)
    I am actually not sure....

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Hello, I went to a call a few weeks ago and found the Magenta housing main drive gear was froze and replaced the entire magenta developer housing with a new OEM and the machine was working fine. A couple of weeks later I get a call that the magenta toner cartridge was showing empty when it was full. I go to investigate and find the magenta toner pump was not delivering toner to the developer housing. This customer is using OEM toner. Is there something I am missing here. I am planning on installing a toner pump but is this a normal problem with this model ? Thanks so much for any responses !!!
    There is no toner pump on this model, just a hopper & gravity.

What happens is when the dev unit gear fails toner backs up into the hopper & breaks the auger.

Basically you'll need to replace the magenta toner hopper.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    There is no toner pump on this model, just a hopper & gravity.

What happens is when the dev unit gear fails toner backs up into the hopper & breaks the auger.

Basically you'll need to replace the magenta toner hopper.

This. Have seen it many times. Always when the dev unit takes a crap replace the toner hopper and vacuum out the chute. All the 03 color and 04 same design.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I believe Genuine Ricoh (It had the Ricoh Logo on it.)
    I am actually not sure....
    But does it say Genuine Ricoh on the box?

But does it say Genuine Ricoh on the box?
    I will look when I am there next.... Thanks so much !!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I will look when I am there next.... Thanks so much !!!

We only use genuine toner & this issue happens all the time.

This is a rare occasion where I can’t blame non genuine toner.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

We only use genuine toner & this issue happens all the time.

This is a rare occasion where I can’t blame non genuine toner.

Sure do appreciate your help !!!!