Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

imc3000A - update done 0/1

Hoi,
    I have update the package firmware with 2 = machines, but at the end one of them displayed "firmware update 0/1" while the other gave "firmware update done 1/1".
    The new package was registered on the diagnostic page of both machines (2.27.1).
    Everything is working fine...
    What to do in such case? Ignore?
    Thank for your answer.

Re: imc3000A - update done 0/1

Was this by the standard SD card in slot 2 technique?
    It can be a little glitchy at times, if it has actually finished and you cycled off and on already, maybe turn off and try again and see if it says 'package 2.27.1 - new 2.27.1' so it knows the current version is the same as what is on the card.
    I have had one where it loaded the home screen but was doing the firmware on the screen simultaneously, looked weird, never seen it do that before and I thought it had buggered up but it finished and after cycling it, it was all normal running fine. I think the machine will be ok but just try again and see on the firmware screen if it is same version on card and machine.

JayPaul,
    Need to tell here that indeed the home screen appeared for a while on both machines, before firmware message showed up.
    And also: when shutting down I always look at the bleu light at the right corner of the op.panel to go out; that went off, so i took out the SD card, but lighted up again!!!
    imc3000 shut off, what a little longer when bleu light disappears!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    JayPaul,
    Need to tell here that indeed the home screen appeared for a while on both machines, before firmware message showed up.
    And also: when shutting down I always look at the bleu light at the right corner of the op.panel to go out; that went off, so i took out the SD card, but lighted up again!!!
    imc3000 shut off, what a little longer when bleu light disappears!!!
    But that happened at the machine with 1/1, not with the 0/1 ...

On this model, it does indeed show the home screen for a while when the machine is first turned on and then again it goes to home screen during the op panel part of firmware package, that is normal. On mine it showed not only the home screen during the whole thing but the firmware update package or module buttons were visible at the same time, it was just a glitch on that but still updated ok.
    Just redo the firmware package again on the 0/1 machine if you are in doubt, I don't know how you do it but I always turn machine off, unplug network/fax cables, open side door, put sd card in then turn machine on to do firmware, once complete, then switch off via power button, wait for blue light to stop flashing, wait even 10 more seconds if you want, then take card out, put any cables back in, close door etc

Retired 10,000+ Posts

But that happened at the machine with 1/1, not with the 0/1 ...
    Was the machine with the 1/1 the first machine done? If so there is a possibility that removing the SD card too soon may have corrupted the data on the SD card. The other possibility is that 0 of the 1 firmware modules in the package were updated because 1 already was installed on the machine.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hoi,
    I have update the package firmware with 2 = machines, but at the end one of them displayed "firmware update 0/1" while the other gave "firmware update done 1/1".
    The new package was registered on the diagnostic page of both machines (2.27.1).
    Everything is working fine...
    What to do in such case? Ignore?
    Thank for your answer.
    On romdata and package firmware should show a lot more than 0/1 it should be more like 1/20 ish then when complete it will say update done 20/20 turn of remove card then reboot
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    On romdata and package firmware should show a lot more than 0/1 it should be more like 1/20 ish then when complete it will say update done 20/20 turn of remove card then reboot

After updating via package it will show updating 1/20 as you say, it will then reboot & update the cheetah firmware thats why he got the 1/0 message.

Check your before & after SMC sheet to see which one did/didn't update, might be the SOP didn't update if thats the case you can update that separately.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Was the machine with the 1/1 the first machine done? If so there is a possibility that removing the SD card too soon may have corrupted the data on the SD card. The other possibility is that 0 of the 1 firmware modules in the package were updated because 1 already was installed on the machine.
    Slim, no the second. The first was 0/1. Perhaps i waited not long enough, could be.
    But it is also possible that there were no files to updat, that could explain why the updated was done so quicly!

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    After updating via package it will show updating 1/20 as you say, it will then reboot & update the cheetah firmware thats why he got the 1/0 message.

Check your before & after SMC sheet to see which one did/didn't update, might be the SOP didn't update if thats the case you can update that separately.
    Sorry forgot you are correct
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com