Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC2003 Streamline NX

MPC2003 Streamline NX

Hi everyone

Does streamline work on this model? I can't seem to find what type of vm card it takes. I've tried updating Java software still no luck. Also if it does work, I'm sure I need to upgrade memory as well? Thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC2003 Streamline NX

Re: MPC2003 Streamline NX

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan Chetty View Post
    Hi everyone

Does streamline work on this model? I can't seem to find what type of vm card it takes. I've tried updating Java software still no luck. Also if it does work, I'm sure I need to upgrade memory as well? Thank you
    Okay I see the Java platform on the extended features

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Java is standard on that model. It's embedded in the controller flash memory. It can be updated as can machine firmware. I would suggest doing so before installing streamline. If you don't know how, it is documented in the service manual. Memory is not upgradeable to my knowledge, neither should it need to be.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MPC2003 Streamline NX

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Java is standard on that model. It's embedded in the controller flash memory. It can be updated as can machine firmware. I would suggest doing so before installing streamline. If you don't know how, it is documented in the service manual. Memory is not upgradeable to my knowledge, neither should it need to be.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Thank you I've updated the firmware I do see it

anyone know how to get past the Streamline NX to access the machine. The only thing i could access was the SP Service so i cleared most of the 5801 options except for the first couple. After the unit reset the SLNX login appeared and then i really could access anything at all including the service mode and the only thing it said was you do not have the privalages to use this function.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MPC2003 Streamline NX

Quote Originally Posted by djdn View Post
    anyone know how to get past the Streamline NX to access the machine. The only thing i could access was the SP Service so i cleared most of the 5801 options except for the first couple. After the unit reset the SLNX login appeared and then i really could access anything at all including the service mode and the only thing it said was you do not have the privalages to use this function.
    I ran into this one time, and I think I was able to remove it using the SOP service mode and uninstalling the app(s), but I might be mistaken

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

There are a bunch of both SP and UP switches that get set during installation, and are not all are necessarily obvious.

It also varies somewhat (as one would expect) between SOP and NOP models.

I don’t know if that list is “officially” documented anywhere. I’d love to see it if it is.

The surest (and easiest) way is to connect to a Streamline server, and let it run the client (MFP) uninstall routine to reverse the changes.

Also, remember that even though you were logged in as admin, you do not have the rights to access user functions, hence the error message.
    Last edited by KenB; 07-07-2021 at 02:34 AM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Here's a tip:

If you are purchasing used machines for resale from a customer who was running Streamline, or even moving a machine within the customer's site where Streamline will not be used, I would heavily recommend that you ask them to uninstall it back to normal before you take possession. It's an easy procedure within SLNX.

Much easier said than done, I know.

You will save yourself hours of grief and frustration in trying to uninstall it yourself without the use of a Streamline server available.

While there aren't that many customers who actually have and use it, the ones who do normally have an entire fleet of machines (hence the need for Streamline in the first place), so they are normally getting rid of or moving them in numbers, not just one or two at a time.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins