Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

Re: MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Howdy folks,

Got a MPC307 that is missing the bottom 1/2"-3/4" of the page at times. 1 page jobs never have the issue. Only multi page jobs. When the lag occurs some are also slightly skewed.
    Trays, 1, 2, & bypass do this with letter paper. Didn't have legal to try when onsite.

When i got onsite only 2-3 pages in a 15 page run had poor registration. The more i ran it the worse it got. First page is always perfect.

Machine has 20k pages on it, clean location. Black drum was starting to leave lines so replaced that. No change.

Done so far:
    Cleaned reg assembly, inspected area, nothing looks out of place.
    Swapped transfer belt.
    Cleaned tray exit sensor and reg sensor. Checked operation in SP 5804.
    Tried increasing paper buckle and tray 1 feed clutch timing.

The lead edge has the blank spot and the bottom is getting cut so that should mean the paper is leaving the reg roller before the image arrives on the belt.

The attached picture with the blank spot is the lead edge.

The picture of the transfer belt has me totally thrown. I don't understand how the black lines at the bottom of the test chart with the arrow pointing down can be recreated 3 times in a row as that's not what was copied.

Any body else run into this? Im looking at reg clutch but the cut off page should be at the top if the reg clutch was slipping.
    Attachment 47405Attachment 47406
    No mention that you updated the firmware? this does fix a few random issues, this step often gets overlooked.

The machine only has 20k yet you needed to replaced the black PCU?

I doubt the reg clutch would have failed so soon, does the reg roller turn freely by hand?

From your description of the fault it sounds like the paper is not stopping at the reg roller & being pushed through, to it could be the clutch is sticking ON thus driving early etc.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

Side door did squat. Reg clutch and the shaft is on order. $85 for a clutch is highway robbery. I was going to order the motor. $185 for that?!

Firmware is up to date. ARFU is enabled on this machine. Just checked on ARMS again and it's all current.

I tried pushing on the side door as well while running. No change. All that is left at this point is the clutch. Not looking forward to this job. The good news is they have a lunch bar style desk to put the machine on that is long. At least it will be a good workspace. Will report back next week assuming parts are not on back order. Ricoh has really been shitting the bed with parts availability.

Thinking back i should of tripped the side door and ran the transport motor and watched the reg roller to see if it's turning slowly.

Thanks for all the replies.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

One question. Are both springs for the registration roller pressure properly in place. If not there could be a gap at one end allowing the paper to force past the roller slightly. It will also cause skewing. A quick test is to see if you an slide a hakt inch wide strip of paper between the rollers at either end.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One question. Are both springs for the registration roller pressure properly in place. If not there could be a gap at one end allowing the paper to force past the roller slightly. It will also cause skewing. A quick test is to see if you an slide a hakt inch wide strip of paper between the rollers at either end.
    Exactly, if paper was stopping at the reg roller it would remove the skew.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

Well a month of back order and the thing is fixed.

What a f-ing job that is. 2.5 hours. I can deal with removing the layers of boards but all those bloody wiring harnesses and trying to remember how to re route them. Should of taken more pictures.

I took the drive pack out and turned it by hand, the reg roller out put gear was turning with the drive pack. I had to hold the gear pretty firm to keep it from turning. That clutch was very stiff inside when turning it by hand.
    The new clutch still turned the output shaft but as soon as you touched it it stopped turning. With the friction of that reg unit on those im sure it would be enough to form a paper buckle.

Thanks for all the feed back on this one.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...