Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

MPC307 cutting off pages

Howdy folks,

Got a MPC307 that is missing the bottom 1/2"-3/4" of the page at times. 1 page jobs never have the issue. Only multi page jobs. When the lag occurs some are also slightly skewed.
    Trays, 1, 2, & bypass do this with letter paper. Didn't have legal to try when onsite.

When i got onsite only 2-3 pages in a 15 page run had poor registration. The more i ran it the worse it got. First page is always perfect.

Machine has 20k pages on it, clean location. Black drum was starting to leave lines so replaced that. No change.

Done so far:
    Cleaned reg assembly, inspected area, nothing looks out of place.
    Swapped transfer belt.
    Cleaned tray exit sensor and reg sensor. Checked operation in SP 5804.
    Tried increasing paper buckle and tray 1 feed clutch timing.

The lead edge has the blank spot and the bottom is getting cut so that should mean the paper is leaving the reg roller before the image arrives on the belt.

The attached picture with the blank spot is the lead edge.

The picture of the transfer belt has me totally thrown. I don't understand how the black lines at the bottom of the test chart with the arrow pointing down can be recreated 3 times in a row as that's not what was copied.

Any body else run into this? Im looking at reg clutch but the cut off page should be at the top if the reg clutch was slipping.
    IMG-20201124-WA0004.jpgIMG-20201124-WA0002.jpg
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: MPC307 cutting off pages

Transfer belt with duplicate image is throwing me too. Out of interest what happens when printing internal prints like full SMC? And how is the line position on colour test page?

Haven't had an issue on a 307 but did have a 2051 once where the main drive started lagging and randomly did all sorts of weird and wonderful things with leading edge and line position. Stripped the gearbox out and some Bel-Ray 6 in 1 sorted it out

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Transfer belt with duplicate image is throwing me too. Out of interest what happens when printing internal prints like full SMC? And how is the line position on colour test page?

Haven't had an issue on a 307 but did have a 2051 once where the main drive started lagging and randomly did all sorts of weird and wonderful things with leading edge and line position. Stripped the gearbox out and some Bel-Ray 6 in 1 sorted it out

When customer called it it was for the tops of the page being cut off. When the machine prints however, the lead edge is the bottom of the printed image. When you copy the lead edge is the top of the copied image. Its definitely happening from the engine.

I went into printer SP and printed the color chart. Color registration is fine. The entire image is shifted down. I need to check in the manual but if the machine is like the big Ricohs, the black drum drives the transfer belt and bk drum and there is a separate motor for the color drums. I feel if one of the drives was having issues the colors and blacks would be shifted. There is something going on with the skew as well on pages that are shifted. I was hoping the transfer belt would address this.

At this point the only thing i can think of is the reg clutch is dragging when it's disengaged and it's allowing the paper to feed early.
    IMG-20201124-WA0006.jpg

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    When customer called it it was for the tops of the page being cut off. When the machine prints however, the lead edge is the bottom of the printed image. When you copy the lead edge is the top of the copied image. Its definitely happening from the engine.

I went into printer SP and printed the color chart. Color registration is fine. The entire image is shifted down. I need to check in the manual but if the machine is like the big Ricohs, the black drum drives the transfer belt and bk drum and there is a separate motor for the color drums. I feel if one of the drives was having issues the colors and blacks would be shifted. There is something going on with the skew as well on pages that are shifted. I was hoping the transfer belt would address this.

At this point the only thing i can think of is the reg clutch is dragging when it's disengaged and it's allowing the paper to feed early.
    IMG-20201124-WA0006.jpg
    Reg clutch seems about right then. Maybe just spray the hell out of it with contact cleaner if you don't have another one to try on hand?

MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Reg clutch seems about right then. Maybe just spray the hell out of it with contact cleaner if you don't have another one to try on hand?

You have obviously never taken the back cover off one of these lol

Ill be ordering parts first! These suck to work on. Everything comes out.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Do you have a spare side door to try? The levers that lock the door shut have a shaft running through them which twists and causes this fault. The back of the door at the top being slightly stuck out is the most obvious symptom.

MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Do you have a spare side door to try? The levers that lock the door shut have a shaft running through them which twists and causes this fault. The back of the door at the top being slightly stuck out is the most obvious symptom.
    Tearing one off a MPC306 right now to try before the reg clutch. I was looking at the side door latches etc checking for that and did notice the rear frame side of the door is a tiny bit out compared to the front but its a very small amount. Ill report back what i find!

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    MPC307 cutting off pages

Howdy folks,

Got a MPC307 that is missing the bottom 1/2"-3/4" of the page at times. 1 page jobs never have the issue. Only multi page jobs. When the lag occurs some are also slightly skewed.
    Trays, 1, 2, & bypass do this with letter paper. Didn't have legal to try when onsite.

When i got onsite only 2-3 pages in a 15 page run had poor registration. The more i ran it the worse it got. First page is always perfect.

Machine has 20k pages on it, clean location. Black drum was starting to leave lines so replaced that. No change.

Done so far:
    Cleaned reg assembly, inspected area, nothing looks out of place.
    Swapped transfer belt.
    Cleaned tray exit sensor and reg sensor. Checked operation in SP 5804.
    Tried increasing paper buckle and tray 1 feed clutch timing.

The lead edge has the blank spot and the bottom is getting cut so that should mean the paper is leaving the reg roller before the image arrives on the belt.

The attached picture with the blank spot is the lead edge.

The picture of the transfer belt has me totally thrown. I don't understand how the black lines at the bottom of the test chart with the arrow pointing down can be recreated 3 times in a row as that's not what was copied.

Any body else run into this? Im looking at reg clutch but the cut off page should be at the top if the reg clutch was slipping.
    IMG-20201124-WA0004.jpgIMG-20201124-WA0002.jpg
    Registration clutch
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: MPC307 cutting off pages

IMG-20201124-WA0006.jpg
    As I began reading this thread, the registration clutch was the first thing I thought of. I think you may be on the right track. Good luck.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: MPC307 cutting off pages

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    I totally forgot about that! Definitely the easier path to take.