Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MPC 306 doesn't reverse for duplex in DF

Hi all,
    We had a problem on MPC 306 DF about a month ago, when customer tried to copy double sided pages, sometimes it would feed the page through but when it comes to reversing the page back again to turn it around, it doesn't do it. The rollers carry on spinning and the page just falls out then 2 seconds later it beeps for a jam. It leaves either jam code 004 or 054. My colleague cleaned the sensor (registration I believe) and problem stopped, call came back in yesterday and I went there, DF all in good condition, I had a look at the sensor and there was barely any dust at all on it. I am ordering new sensors and maybe a pcb (they are only £8) which I hope would solve the problem.
    Just wanted to know if any of you have seen this problem on this model and what you did to solve it?
    I used to see this problem on an old infotec A3 model (the 2122 or something) and weirdly the cause on that was the little blue strips of felt they use to make it quieter, the glue went through them and sometimes got stuck. Can't see that being the problem on this though!
    *Firmware was also updated to latest and feed unit was replaced a month ago

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MPC 306 doesn't reverse for duplex in DF

There's a solenoid in the ADF that gets stuck (P/N: GX110024), and won't let the paper come back through for the second side. Has been a problem since the MP 301 Doc. Feeders.
    I think they have slightly changed the design of them, but still the same part number.
    MP 301/ MP C305spf/ MP C306 all use the same components in the ADF, so if you have one of those laying around, you could rob that part off of it.
    Guaranteed that this is your issue.

Other parts that go bad often (not necessarily dealing with duplex issues):
    D6064150 - Spring Clutch Paper Feed (feed assembly driven by this gear/ clutch).
    B8722526 - Spring that resides next to the feed roller in the feed assembly (Spring breaks, and doesn't allow feed assembly to drop down all the way).
    Omertà

I have that part as GX110023, maybe 24 is a superceded one? I ordered one for the sake of it earlier however I don't think it is that because the gate always moves correctly. Only thing it could be if that part was the cause is the process of 'Move the gate > Then reverse the feed to bring paper back in' and if solenoid fails, the machine doesn't know it has to start reversing the feed

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There can be a problem with reverse gate pawls both in the ARDF and duplex if they go long periods of time without being used. The pads used to eliminate any mechanical slick when the is released can become sticky and prevent the pawl from energizing. With the Aficio 1027 and their successors, these pads were on the cover over the pawl. When that cover was lifted to check for a jam, the adhesion was broken and the ARDF would them work properly. If it them went a couple of days without doing 2 sided originals it would return.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Hi all,
    We had a problem on MPC 306 DF about a month ago, when customer tried to copy double sided pages, sometimes it would feed the page through but when it comes to reversing the page back again to turn it around, it doesn't do it. The rollers carry on spinning and the page just falls out then 2 seconds later it beeps for a jam. It leaves either jam code 004 or 054. My colleague cleaned the sensor (registration I believe) and problem stopped, call came back in yesterday and I went there, DF all in good condition, I had a look at the sensor and there was barely any dust at all on it. I am ordering new sensors and maybe a pcb (they are only £8) which I hope would solve the problem.
    Just wanted to know if any of you have seen this problem on this model and what you did to solve it?
    I used to see this problem on an old infotec A3 model (the 2122 or something) and weirdly the cause on that was the little blue strips of felt they use to make it quieter, the glue went through them and sometimes got stuck. Can't see that being the problem on this though!
    *Firmware was also updated to latest and feed unit was replaced a month ago
    I would clean all sensors 1st don't forget the one under the white plate also give reg rollers a good clean the one that pull the paper back
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Sensors are good, the one under the white plate was the one I checked that had basically no paper dust on it but I have ordered a replacement anyway. It's all in good condition from the last visit about a month ago. I'm just replacing the most obvious parts I can think that could have a problem.
    Kind of like when you install a brand new machine and they put a call in after a week for jamming and you go there and everything is still in near perfect condition, makes it a bit harder to identify the exact cause straight away.

Sensors are good, the one under the white plate was the one I checked that had basically no paper dust on it but I have ordered a replacement anyway. It's all in good condition from the last visit about a month ago. I'm just replacing the most obvious parts I can think that could have a problem.
    Kind of like when you install a brand new machine and they put a call in after a week for jamming and you go there and everything is still in near perfect condition, makes it a bit harder to identify the exact cause straight away.
    I've replaced quite a few of them ones under the white plate and both of them jam codes relate to that does it only jam on duplex if it's only duplex and simplex works fine it probably the reverse gate solenoid

Good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Hi jaypaul
    Just had quick look on ricoh technical they have had problems with reverse solenoid it also takes pwb down my have to replace both together.

Thats if it isn't the sensor
    Regards Mark

That would work in my favour, ordered sensors, the reverse solonoid and pcb so in theory replacing all at same time would most likely fix it. Although often I like to fit parts one by one so you can see the exact part that caused the problem. If I fit them and problem is still there i'm going to be pretty annoyed! Backstory is this customer has 8 machines with us, some 301's and some 306's and they have currently logged 28 calls in the last 5 months. It is actually unbelievable the amount of problems we have had with every machine!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

That would work in my favour, ordered sensors, the reverse solonoid and pcb so in theory replacing all at same time would most likely fix it. Although often I like to fit parts one by one so you can see the exact part that caused the problem. If I fit them and problem is still there i'm going to be pretty annoyed! Backstory is this customer has 8 machines with us, some 301's and some 306's and they have currently logged 28 calls in the last 5 months. It is actually unbelievable the amount of problems we have had with every machine!
    Perhaps someone is not happy with your Ricoh's and want to sabotage them.
    Because this someone missed his part of the advantages when a dealer of Konica or Canon would have had the deal.
    Do you understand that?
    We have had this 2 times!!!
    Before i knew for certain that was the cause, customers had signed already a contract with another company and we were out (definitely).
    Sometimes shit happens.
    Wright al the problems in details in a book and if any weird problems evoke, inform the chief - customer (of how do you say that in English?).
    Make him understand - in a tactical way - that corruption could be an issue.