Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: sp c250 wifi keep discoonecting

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    If the signal strength ever dips below 80%, the connection will likely drop.

Ricoh wireless SUCKS, as mentioned countess in countless threads on CTN.

good to know,thank you i will pass this information,however ,do you thing if i put the wifi router close to the printer i would solve the issue?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    sp c250 wifi keep discoonecting

Quote Originally Posted by Marwanalhajbi View Post
    good to know,thank you i will pass this information,however ,do you thing if i put the wifi router close to the printer i would solve the issue?
    Can you plug the copier into an ethernet jack and then you can use the wifi of the router to print?

PS - You may try downloading the Wifi Analyzer app on your phone and you can see the strength of the wifi in different locations throughout the building. See video:

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

you can also connect a repeater ...

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Yes this is the best thing to do
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Retired 10,000+ Posts

internal sir
    That is your problem. There are many WiFi range extenders with ethernet jack available, some for under $50 such as the Netgear AC750.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

If the signal is strong enough, and clean enough, it normally works OK. The signal needs to be just about perfect.

The problem is, by the time you jump through enough hoops to make it happy, you're normally better off to come up with a wired connection, as others have suggested.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

About 10 years ago, I had a total tool of a customer (this moron was some piece of work) go ballistic on me when the wireless option he purchased for his Segment 3 Ricoh B&W MFP kept falling off the network.

The physical location of the MFP made it impossible to run a cable.

All he kept insisting (between the "F" Bombs) was "the salesman said it would work". Sound familiar?

In order to appease Sir Dipweed the salesman went out and bought a small wireless range extender, and I got to install it, about half way between the MFP and the wireless router. Since it was only about 15 feet away from the MFP, it worked well.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If the signal is strong enough, and clean enough, it normally works OK. The signal needs to be just about perfect.

The problem is, by the time you jump through enough hoops to make it happy, you're normally better off to come up with a wired connection, as others have suggested.
    Just the positioning of the antenna that came with Ricoh's internal wireless could make a difference. Ricoh recommended mounting it to the back cover. If that happened to put the frame of the copier between the antenna and the wireless router, it would constantly drop connection.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

About 10 years ago, I had a total tool of a customer (this moron was some piece of work) go ballistic on me when the wireless option he purchased for his Segment 3 Ricoh B&W MFP kept falling off the network.

The physical location of the MFP made it impossible to run a cable.

All he kept insisting (between the "F" Bombs) was "the salesman said it would work". Sound familiar?

In order to appease Sir Dipweed the salesman went out and bought a small wireless range extender, and I got to install it, about half way between the MFP and the wireless router. Since it was only about 15 feet away from the MFP, it worked well.
    That is why i wrote, just 3 treaths away: "you can also connect a repeater"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    That is why i wrote, just 3 treaths away: "you can also connect a repeater"
    I saw that post...I wasn't ignoring it.

I was trying to point out (and apparently I failed) that the assumption of the salesman put me in a real ugly situation with an extremely irate customer. It was the closest I ever came to walking out on a customer and telling him to stick it.

The salesforce had been made aware of the "limitations" of the wireless cards, but this guy chose to ignore it.

It's a shining example of what kind of issues can be created with such a crappy product.
    Last edited by KenB; 12-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.