Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

I just went thru a bit with this code. It started with the customer complaint of non-responsive op-panel. When I arrived it was in fact the case. First thing I did was to shut down and reboot. When I turned it back on it stayed in please wait. Reboot again. Same, but waited for seems like forever and then SC 672-11 showed up. I went back the next day with a HDD and controller PCB from a MP 2554 I had in shop. Turned on and it came to ready but soon went to a SC 995. I ordered a controller and HDD and installed. Turned on, came to ready, but unresponsive op-panel. Off/on stayed in please wait. I went back again, this time with the op-panel harness and op-panel from the MP 2554. I tried the harness first. Same, no dif.. Installed the op-panel and it worked. Now to find out what happened to the op-panel. Not sure if it is something I can repair myself or not. This was an expensive service call. I am sharing my experience to help someone else avoid this trial and tribulation. I hope all is well with everyone in this wacky world of ours.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

Re: Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

Does it look like they cleaned it with some kind of liquid? That has been common this year, a lot of customers getting a little too free with the cleaning componds.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thurmmy View Post
    I just went thru a bit with this code. It started with the customer complaint of non-responsive op-panel. When I arrived it was in fact the case. First thing I did was to shut down and reboot. When I turned it back on it stayed in please wait. Reboot again. Same, but waited for seems like forever and then SC 672-11 showed up. I went back the next day with a HDD and controller PCB from a MP 2554 I had in shop. Turned on and it came to ready but soon went to a SC 995. I ordered a controller and HDD and installed. Turned on, came to ready, but unresponsive op-panel. Off/on stayed in please wait. I went back again, this time with the op-panel harness and op-panel from the MP 2554. I tried the harness first. Same, no dif.. Installed the op-panel and it worked. Now to find out what happened to the op-panel. Not sure if it is something I can repair myself or not. This was an expensive service call. I am sharing my experience to help someone else avoid this trial and tribulation. I hope all is well with everyone in this wacky world of ours.
    Did you check TSB?

SC672-11 During Energy SavermodeD197012d,021dSystem/CopyfirmwareInstall version 1.10 or

Also check bulletin RD197055
    If it works, don't touch it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

I don't have access to the TSB. Could you share it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

I don't have access to the TSB. Could you share it?

Since you are a contributor, here you go mate.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If it works, don't touch it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 3054 SC 672-11

I just went thru a bit with this code.................
    Welcome to the world of SC672-xxx !
    If you search the forum it'll be abundantly clear that this can be one of the most hair graying , if not, Hair losing codes. That's just the way it is.
    But staying on the topic of the op panel/ Harness. I had an issue with an MP C401 about a year ago that behaved quite similarly to your machine and I had updated F/W, and ran it with/ without options connected, and HDD. Fan a new cable from controller to Operation panel (around the outside of the machine first so I could be sure before going through the hassle of doing it properly). Nothing worked.
    But what I did notice when I was comparing some things with a machine at my shop, was that the connector from the OP panel to the machine was very loose compared to others, so in the interest of time I swapped the snug fitting op panel on the trouble machine and the problem was resolved. I also was able to duplicate the SC672 at my shop when I re-connected the OP panel from the problem machine.
    So, I feel like you have the same issue - bad USB connector on the op Panel.