Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

MP5054SP odd delay

Hi Folks,

I have a MP5054 wich suddenly started to "idle" for several seconds before starting copying/printing. Once the job is completed and you start another copy process directly afterwards, there is no more delay. We checked the enviromental data and didn't see a big issue there, humidity is 49% and temperture 16 degrees (checked via SP). Might seem a bit cold but I compared that to a used machine I have in my storage and that displays 13 degree and does not delay/idle. Anyone can give me a hint there?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

Re: MP5054SP odd delay

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have a MP5054 wich suddenly started to "idle" for several seconds before starting copying/printing. Once the job is completed and you start another copy process directly afterwards, there is no more delay. We checked the enviromental data and didn't see a big issue there, humidity is 49% and temperture 16 degrees (checked via SP). Might seem a bit cold but I compared that to a used machine I have in my storage and that displays 13 degree and does not delay/idle. Anyone can give me a hint there?
    A few seconds delay is not an issue.

Many factors come into play here.
    What are the sleep setting on?
    What firmware version is the machine on?
    It could even simply be adding toner.

Even the PCDU being over PM life could cause a short delay.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Yeah I know but even my tech told me that this is an annoying behaviour. He already installed the latest firmware (package 7.0) and checked every non default-related SPs for odd values. Sleep setting is 60 minutes and PM isn't overdue. I think the total counter is ~200k so the unit is running with it's first fuser, perhaps I should check the thermistors and sleeve units and go from there.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

On older models, that you describe is exactly what setting SP 1103-001 to 2 will cause when the temperature is too cold. Check to see if Ru=icoh has moved SP 1103 to factory settings. There are also some delay settings in SP 1116. They are "For design use. Do not change." items but still might be different on some machines.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    On older models, that you describe is exactly what setting SP 1103-001 to 2 will cause when the temperature is too cold. Check to see if Ru=icoh has moved SP 1103 to factory settings. There are also some delay settings in SP 1116. They are "For design use. Do not change." items but still might be different on some machines.
    Yes we used that to turn on Fusing Idling on several models and that could account for that delay you are describing on the initial run, and why it wouldn’t need it on the subsequent run.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

Quote Originally Posted by copyaction View Post
    Yes we used that to turn on Fusing Idling on several models and that could account for that delay you are describing on the initial run, and why it wouldn’t need it on the subsequent run.
    When set to 2 it only applies when the fusing unit is still cold. The setting of 2 was added with either the 1027 or 2027 to correct false fusing errors in the morning during cold weather.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

Yeah just my two cents but it just sounds like the machine is compensating for a fuser that is taking longer to heat than it used to for whatever reason. Not really something I would consider a concern I don't think but if you're worried about it I would probably start by replacing the fuser and\or getting your ambient temps up a bit.

I'm not familiar with this brand but there are likely involved count\maintenance\fuser settings that will also need dealt with...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP5054SP odd delay

If it is fuser related, check the paper tray settings, could it be set for heavier paper? Another random thought, How's the voltage at the wall? And yes, clean the thermistors.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Thanks for the factory SP hint - you can fiddle around with the tresholds @factory SP1111. Default value is 17 degrees and I know there was 16 degrees on our cuustomers site.

Funny thing is that the MP3054 I have does not idle-run at all even if I roll it outside @7 degrees celsius ....lol

Probably the MP5054 acts different because of it's higher PPM value.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

It hasn't had the slower fusing sleeve installed in it has it?