Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh MP 501

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 501

Unless they have done something to change it, yes you should be able to use a pm kit. When the Ricohs first came out, mother Ricoh never had toner for one of our accounts. We threw in a Kyo drum and kyo toner. Worked like a charm. We then changed the final toner coupler between the Ricoh and kyocera and used lanier toner in a kyo drum. Our mgr did not want us to give kyo toner to a customer using a Ricoh box. I guess this was understandable. This was a few years ago though. I've left that company. I don't think we sold many 501's because the Kyo's were the same but cheaper.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 501

Re: Ricoh MP 501

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well based on the length of the stated PM schedule, and where I've placed these units so far, I don't expect to be doing much of anything.
    Being pretty much an exclusive Ricoh dude, this thread has peeked my interest in just what I might be able to do down the road if/ when necessary

Copier toner carts are a piece of cake to rebuild. You really don't rebuild them...you just clean them out and refill 'em and put a chip on them. The only thing is that you need to drill a hole in the carts to get the toner in there. I made a homemade jig that I use so as not to damage the cart when drilling the hole. For HP, Lexmark, ect., they are a different story. You have to replace everything...PCR, mag. roller, Drum, blade. But they do make a professional jig for those. And instructions.

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh MP 501

Hi guys, charger roller works fine.
    I put Kyocera MC-3100 charger roller on Ricoh MP501 and works fine and the price it's much more low then the Ricoh.
    Thanks for all.