Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC995-01

Angry SC995-01

Hi,

I have replaced the controller board on Ricoh MP 3054 now i am experiencing the above error (SC995-01) serial number mismatch.
    What else can I do to fix this.

When I put the new NVram it does not allow me to go into service mode and freezes instead and get SC819-00 error

Please advise

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: SC995-01

Haven't had to do this on a 54 yet fortunately, have you tried disconnecting, LAN cable, fax unit and HDD and starting up with a door open? If you're lucky it will start up so you can get into service mode.

What happens if you start it up with the original NV RAM (if it's available that is)?

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Was it a new controller? If not, the serial number from the old machine will be in there. Go to 5811 in factory SP and input the correct serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Was it a new controller? If not, the serial number from the old machine will be in there. Go to 5811 in factory SP and input the correct serial number.

Its a used controller

Thanks for your contribution

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Haven't had to do this on a 54 yet fortunately, have you tried disconnecting, LAN cable, fax unit and HDD and starting up with a door open? If you're lucky it will start up so you can get into service mode.

What happens if you start it up with the original NV RAM (if it's available that is)?

It is a used controller which was working sine on another machine, when I use the same NVram it gives me sc995-01 error.
    Tried to replace the brand new NVram and it I get SC819-00 that when it freezes and not letting me into the service mode

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    Haven't had to do this on a 54 yet fortunately, have you tried disconnecting, LAN cable, fax unit and HDD and starting up with a door open? If you're lucky it will start up so you can get into service mode.<br>
    <br>
    What happens if you start it up with the original NV RAM (if it's available that is)?<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br><br>It is a used controller which was working sine on another machine, when I use&nbsp; the same NVram it gives me sc995-01 error.<br>Tried to replace the brand new NVram and it I get SC819-00 that when it freezes and not letting me into the service mode

It is a used controller which was working fine in another machine.

With the NVram which was already in the controller, it gives me 995-01 (serial number mismatch)
    A brand new NVram i get SC819-00 and does not take me into setup mode, freezes instead

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Try the used nv ram again - I think in factory sp there's something like "serial number input". You must compare three serial numbers - they have to be all the same. I guess there's some sort of mismatch.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC995-01

Quote Originally Posted by malatsi.koko@moreyitechno View Post
    Hi,

I have replaced the controller board on Ricoh MP 3054 now i am experiencing the above error (SC995-01) serial number mismatch.
    What else can I do to fix this.

When I put the new NVram it does not allow me to go into service mode and freezes instead and get SC819-00 error

Please advise
    Was there a reason for replacing the controller? Did you follow the procedures in the service manual exactly, including discharging any residual on the donor machine before removing the controller from it? If you did not you might now have 2 controller boards that are toast.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC995-01

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Was there a reason for replacing the controller? Did you follow the procedures in the service manual exactly, including discharging any residual on the donor machine before removing the controller from it? If you did not you might now have 2 controller boards that are toast.
    As slim said, start again & follow the correct procedure.

When you fit the original board back with its original NVRam what error do you get? (if any)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    SC995-01

Quote Originally Posted by malatsi.koko@moreyitechno View Post
    It is a used controller which was working sine on another machine, when I use the same NVram it gives me sc995-01 error.
    Tried to replace the brand new NVram and it I get SC819-00 that when it freezes and not letting me into the service mode
    +1 on slimslob & copier tech just follow manual it tells you where you went wrong
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com