Senior Tech
    MP C2003/C2503 Drum rebild

Anybody here tried their hand with rebuilding MP C2003/C2053 drums? I personally prefer to just change with OEM but there are some accounts who have to have a colour machine even though their print volume is all black anyway and they barely print anything. Becomes hard to recover cost of the PCU or PCDU.

Checking to see if anyone here has field experience with changing the PCU to one of the OEM colour compatibles with cleaning blade. I'm not even looking at Katun kits, probably still trash.

MP C3003/3503 not much of a problem as those guys practically run for ever..

Thanks!
    If it works, don't touch it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: MP C2003/C2503 Drum rebild

Aren't the drum units for MPC2003 pretty affordable and interchangeable between k and cmy?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Aren't the drum units for MPC2003 pretty affordable and interchangeable between k and cmy?
    YES

Technician

The kits are dead easy. Most of the time now the only time I change a full PCU is when the paddles on the worm screw break off. The kits which include the charge roller assemblies can be a bit crap such as with the 3003 and above, but when they include the wipes they work fine.

Might not last as long, but then what do they cost? For low volume customers can't go wrong

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopyBats View Post
    Anybody here tried their hand with rebuilding MP C2003/C2053 drums? I personally prefer to just change with OEM but there are some accounts who have to have a colour machine even though their print volume is all black anyway and they barely print anything. Becomes hard to recover cost of the PCU or PCDU.

Checking to see if anyone here has field experience with changing the PCU to one of the OEM colour compatibles with cleaning blade. I'm not even looking at Katun kits, probably still trash.

Thanks!

These PCU are cheap as chips.

But if this client is only printing black why even bother replacing the colour PCU?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopyBats View Post

Thanks!
    Rebuild kits are rubbish just get oem pcu cheap on the mpc2003 2503 series
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I just used a rebuild kit today on a C4503 cyan pcu. Easy to install, but I do not get OEM life expectancy with any of these I have rebuilt.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I just used a rebuild kit today on a C4503 cyan pcu. Easy to install, but I do not get OEM life expectancy with any of these I have rebuilt.
    I made some various experiences. The first rebuild attempt was pretty good but I needed to buy all necessary parts seperately at Aliexpress, since there was no kit available. Got >150k lifetime and perhaps more (customer got a new MFP). Later we used a kit from a supplier in eastern europe that was not running very well, some customers called in with streaking/lines because the wax bar put too much material on the drum wich finally ended up on the charge roller. The new version of this kit comes with a different "chalk based" wax bar - so far so good.

I do also not expect another OEM lifecycle but since OEM really is a longlife part these pricey units (speaking of MPC3003 series) starts failing in a bad timing if you look at the remaining time of your maintance contracts.