Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MP C3002 Photocondutor units not set correctly

Hi all,
    I have a MP C3002 that worked fine and slowly colours went out.Then I realize somone took the black pump and unplug other pump sockets and broke magenta pump wires.I; put a old pump from 3300 to black and repaired magenta wires,installed new toners and opened machine.Now it always says set photoconductor units properly,mostly for black and sometimes for all.Black unit is got broken for sure I tested it on other machine and got same error.
    I suspect repaired pump wires,if they have +/- side but not sure about that.I also checked and replaced developer sockets,there is no problem on that.Other posible reason I gues is toner chips cause this but not sure.
    I stucked any one have experience with this situation ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP C3002 Photocondutor units not set correctly

One major possibility considering that someone has been jacking around with the machine is that the connector between the PCU and the DVU is unplugged.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ervinr312 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a MP C3002 that worked fine and slowly colours went out.Then I realize somone took the black pump and unplug other pump sockets and broke magenta pump wires.I; put a old pump from 3300 to black and repaired magenta wires,installed new toners and opened machine.Now it always says set photoconductor units properly,mostly for black and sometimes for all.Black unit is got broken for sure I tested it on other machine and got same error.
    I suspect repaired pump wires,if they have +/- side but not sure about that.I also checked and replaced developer sockets,there is no problem on that.Other posible reason I gues is toner chips cause this but not sure.
    Classic situation where someone puts their hands where they shouldn't ... replace the tampered toner pumps with new ones, check if all the toners are original, for the pcdu they may not be inserted correctly.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Hi all,
    I have a MP C3002 that worked fine and slowly colours went out.Then I realize somone took the black pump and unplug other pump sockets and broke magenta pump wires.

I would suggest getting in contact with "someone" and having a "conversation" with them......

You asked "Anyone have this experience"?
    I highly doubt that ANYONE has had "someone" just show up and start screwing with a perfectly operational machine and then apparently just disappears into the night??
    I think you're alone on that one!....

I'm curious why you ONLY checked the black unit in another working machine and not all the units ????
    But obviously, if you already know that the black unit has a problem, that's a fine starting place, but I doubt it's the only issue

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I would suggest getting in contact with "someone" and having a "conversation" with them......

You asked "Anyone have this experience"?
    I highly doubt that ANYONE has had "someone" just show up and start screwing with a perfectly operational machine and then apparently just disappears into the night??
    LoL, this just made me laugh.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    LoL, this just made me laugh.
    Happy to oblige

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

You guys are mean, I'm still learning that, too

That's Not My Job!

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
    back to topic:

Usually re-seating the units should do the trick but since the issue is re-produceable in another machine it must be the black drum- or dev unit. "Somebody" might check the connector that goes from drum unit to the dev unit and the other connector to the TD sensor pcb and that pcb itself.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    "Somebody" might check the connector that goes from drum unit to the dev unit and the other connector to the TD sensor pcb and that pcb itself.
    Am I getting an echo?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Am I getting an echo?
    Oohps you already posted that, must have overread it while digging in to that anybody, somebody, whateverbody story

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Hi all,
    The pumps from a mpc3300 are not the same. This problem is usually caused by cheap toner cartridges with rubbish chips
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com