Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: imc3000

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

imc3000

New machine that has been a hanger queen for a while. Hit power switch, starts loading, then goes into shutdown before anything happens. Since it is new but a hanger queen, Ricoh will not warranty any boards we order for it. Any quick thoughts? We are thinking controller?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    imc3000

Re: imc3000

Sounds like an out of box failure to me. Get ypur regional rep out to look at it.

Have you tried powering it up with the front door open? That might allow you to get into SP mode and check SC code history.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Sounds like an out of box failure to me. Get ypur regional rep out to look at it.

Have you tried powering it up with the front door open? That might allow you to get into SP mode and check SC code history.
    Yes we have. Thanks for the reply. Being this machine was a floor model for about 11 months, Mother Ricoh is saying it is not new and doesn't consider it out of box failure. I can somewhat see their point, but it has zero miles, and was not powered on for 11 months. It was a floor model, turned off until a customer wanted a demo.

Technical Support 100+ Posts Juggy's Avatar

It is controller failure. There is an similar RTB on the same. Check the serial number of your Device if it falls in the list.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    imc3000

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    New machine that has been a hanger queen for a while. Hit power switch, starts loading, then goes into shutdown before anything happens. Since it is new but a hanger queen, Ricoh will not warranty any boards we order for it. Any quick thoughts? We are thinking controller?
    If you get a message on the screen saying 'shutting down' before any of the icons etc load.

I had this exact issue, it was caused by the power supply that inputs the 5V to the controller.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Thanks for the replies. I found out that a co-worker has ordered a controller for it. The copier falls beyond the cutoff for the controller, so I am in agreement that it might be the power supply. Another thing I thought of might be the power switch on the front. I had one of those go bad once, and it had me going in circles for a while. I remember calling support on that and support had me unhook switch and momentarily shorting wires to start. It started right up.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    imc3000

Yes we have. Thanks for the reply. Being this machine was a floor model for about 11 months, Mother Ricoh is saying it is not new and doesn't consider it out of box failure. I can somewhat see their point, but it has zero miles, and was not powered on for 11 months. It was a floor model, turned off until a customer wanted a demo.
    Doesn't matter if the serial number range is in the RTB they will warranty also unless you a very basic dealer you should get 12 months on boards also zero meter and covid tell them to sort it
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Unfortunately the serial number is not in the defective range of the RTB. The problem is that the machine was delivered 11 months ago, zero miles, never sold. Our Ricoh rep says no warranty as copier is nearly a year old and they offer 90 day warranty. I suppose they have to draw the line at some point. Would it still be new if we haven't sold it after 2 years, 3 years? It just bites that with all that is going on, we are stuck with a machine that doesn't work with zero miles.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    imc3000

Unfortunately the serial number is not in the defective range of the RTB. The problem is that the machine was delivered 11 months ago, zero miles, never sold. Our Ricoh rep says no warranty as copier is nearly a year old and they offer 90 day warranty. I suppose they have to draw the line at some point. Would it still be new if we haven't sold it after 2 years, 3 years? It just bites that with all that is going on, we are stuck with a machine that doesn't work with zero miles.
    I was thinking that the US warranty was only 90 days. But being retired for over 3 years it could have changed.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    imc3000

Thanks for the replies. I found out that a co-worker has ordered a controller for it. The copier falls beyond the cutoff for the controller, so I am in agreement that it might be the power supply. Another thing I thought of might be the power switch on the front. I had one of those go bad once, and it had me going in circles for a while. I remember calling support on that and support had me unhook switch and momentarily shorting wires to start. It started right up.
    If you have a controller on order it will be worth fitting as a test, if it doesn't fix the issue I hope you can return it?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk