Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 2051SP  /SC 495

Ricoh Aficio 2051SP /SC 495

Hi
    I saw on copytechnet.com post in the past that this is a Toner Recycling Error.
    I went to machine today but not sure how to get to assembly and sensor to clean.
    I have been trying to purchase The Service manual/Parts for this machine online.I brought 2 manuals to download
    a little while ago($20 waste) .They are not showing anything about toner recycling mechanism so it is not
    helpful. Does anyone know where I can purchase a reliable service manual with disassembly included?
    I`m having trouble finding any manuals on this model.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
    ANDY

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2051SP /SC 495

You should have put a post in the Service Manual Request forum before paying for one online. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/s...nual-requests/
    The problem with many of the sites that sell manuals is that frequently what you end up getting is the Operator Manual that you can get for free from Ricoh. That all being said you can download the actual service manual from Manuals Lib RICOH B064 SERVICE MANUAL Pdf Download | ManualsLib or you can private message me with your email address so I can send you the Service Manual, Parts Catalog and Point-to-Point manual.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Hi
    I saw on copytechnet.com post in the past that this is a Toner Recycling Error.
    I went to machine today but not sure how to get to assembly and sensor to clean.
    I have been trying to purchase The Service manual/Parts for this machine online.I brought 2 manuals to download
    a little while ago($20 waste) .They are not showing anything about toner recycling mechanism so it is not
    helpful. Does anyone know where I can purchase a reliable service manual with disassembly included?
    I`m having trouble finding any manuals on this model.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
    ANDY
    First of all, I assume you mean C2051? Correct?
    Man, I'm sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine that people can't take the time to post the correct/ complete model number of the machine they need help with.
    2nd.....I'm not sure what "manuals" you supposedly bought, but they're apparently NOT service manuals.
    For old machines like that, they are SO easy to find for free with a quick search.
    I found at least 4 places in about 20 seconds.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    First of all, I assume you mean C2051? Correct?
    Man, I'm sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine that people can't take the time to post the correct/ complete model number of the machine they need help with.
    2nd.....I'm not sure what "manuals" you supposedly bought, but they're apparently NOT service manuals.
    For old machines like that, they are SO easy to find for free with a quick search.
    I found at least 4 places in about 20 seconds.
    I believe he has an old martini series, B163 Aficio 2051, same as the Gestetner DSM651, Lanier LD151 and Savin 4051.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I believe he has an old martini series, B163 Aficio 2051, same as the Gestetner DSM651, Lanier LD151 and Savin 4051.
    Thanks Slim, and with that, my apologies to the poster as well.
    I'm pretty sure you're correct on that.
    I got Waste toner in my head, instead of recycled toner somehow , and the code is related to the water toner motor on a color model I believe.
    Thanks for straightening me out

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Thanks Slim, and with that, my apologies to the poster as well.
    I'm pretty sure you're correct on that.
    I got Waste toner in my head, instead of recycled toner somehow , and the code is related to the water toner motor on a color model I believe.
    Thanks for straightening me out
    At least it is not the really old Aficio 551 and what we called the waste toner gun.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

At least it is not the really old Aficio 551 and what we called the waste toner gun.
    A gun is too good for that machine. Needs to suffer like it made techs suffer back in its time.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Pull off the rear cover and swing out the controller, remove the flywheel if needed. There is a white recycling tube that transports the toner from back of the transfer assy down to the bottle. Take off the belt (take a picture first) and remove the housing the tube is attached to, only 1 or 2 screws. You can then pull it up and out. Clean the sensor the chopper disk runs through. The auger assembly you just pulled is usually locked up. Hold it over a trash can and rotate by hand to break up the chunks and clean it out, then reinstall in reverse order making sure the belt is routed correctly. This has fixed 99% of the sc 495 codes I have seen on this model. BTW, I'm pretty sure this procedure is not outlined in the manual.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marvin-vegan View Post
    You are correct, this procedure is definitely not mentioned in manual.

Can have several causes: What is the condition of the 1st collection bottle? There two bottles - one in front (user replaceable) second on left side (engineer replaceable) PCDU waste is gathered in the front bottle. Sometimes the coil in the bottle breaks. Sometime sensor, that detects the bottle fails.
    One major problem with your reply. It is not a color machine. It is a 51 ppm black and white. Original launch date November 2004.

Product specialst support marvin-vegan's Avatar

One major problem with your reply. It is not a color machine. It is a 51 ppm black and white. Original launch date November 2004.

Ohh, my bad. These machines are still in field?? Thank you for letting me know. I deleted the post!
    Last edited by marvin-vegan; 01-11-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additional comment