Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aficio 2022

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Aficio 2022

When paper is at vertical (A4R) position , it prints with out problem . When paper A4 is horizontal position or using A3 paper we have paper jam . paper stops just before the exit. Paper cassete is set up cerrectly. Cleared all rollers , no obstacle in paper path, replaced exit sensors.
    Also when making double sided copies had no problem.
    Noticed that using paper that have made a little earlyier copies it works ok!
    Any idea where the problem is?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Aficio 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    When paper is at vertical (A4R) position , it prints with out problem . When paper A4 is horizontal position or using A3 paper we have paper jam . paper stops just before the exit. Paper cassete is set up cerrectly. Cleared all rollers , no obstacle in paper path, replaced exit sensors.
    Also when making double sided copies had no problem.
    Noticed that using paper that have made a little earlyier copies it works ok!
    Any idea where the problem is?

hi, what does say "plotter jam history" ?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2022

Lead edge stops just before the exit is very common symptom of a trail edge jam at the registration roller, trail edge detect is either too early or too late. Usually means that the actual paper length does not match what the tray is set for. With that old a machine the size switch could be bad. Check the paper size and orientation shown on the display panel exactly matches the paper in the tray.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

With the machine being older than dirt, I would be highly suspect of any rubber or rubber-like feed roller or shaft, as I'm sure they have all deteriorated to a point where they can't feed reliably.

If not done already, I think I would start there.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Pressure roller,had this many times out in the field-back in the day-might be time for a upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Lead edge stops just before the exit is very common symptom of a trail edge jam at the registration roller, trail edge detect is either too early or too late. Usually means that the actual paper length does not match what the tray is set for. With that old a machine the size switch could be bad. Check the paper size and orientation shown on the display panel exactly matches the paper in the tray.
    I have checked the papoer size and orientation and it is ok (with this problem paper exits 3-4 cm and stops)

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2022

are there parts still available for these dino's?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    I have checked the papoer size and orientation and it is ok (with this problem paper exits 3-4 cm and stops)
    Then what is the jam code? That will tell us exactly which sensor and whether it is a 'late' jam, lead edge, or 'lag' jam, trail edge. I mean the numeric jam code not the letter location code. You may also want to look at SC 5707 Plotter Jam History as it will also show you what size the 2022 thinks was running through.

And in your original post you said the paper was stopping before the exit but now it has moved to 3-4 cm past the exit, which is it?
    Last edited by slimslob; 01-14-2021 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Then what is the jam code? That will tell us exactly which sensor and whether it is a 'late' jam, lead edge, or 'lag' jam, trail edge. I mean the numeric jam code not the letter location code. You may also want to look at SC 5707 Plotter Jam History as it will also show you what size the 2022 thinks was running through.

And in your original post you said the paper was stopping before the exit but now it has moved to 3-4 cm past the exit, which is it?
    I said just before the exit . Actuallly it looks like it stops little earlier and till rollers stops it reaches just the before exit. Later i said i know the problem when someone has different paper in cassete and he has,t set up coerrect the cassete . At this case it stops 3-4 cm after the exit. It is not the same with this case.
    Also i am wondering why it works fine at duplex copies also when i use paper that i have used just before to make copies it works fine almost in all copies.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by semi View Post
    Pressure roller,had this many times out in the field-back in the day-might be time for a upgrade
    You're right and not bad - I never would have recalled that