Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Hello,

    Client has MP W6700, so far to fix the streaks we changed fusing unit maintenence parts, pressure roller, separation fingers etc.
    And everything was ok. After a while client called that streaks appear only when printing more pages at once. Pictures attached.
    Drum unit, cleaning blade was also changed not that long ago. Im looking for information what else could i check. Appreciate all answers. Thanks.

    Picture attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    Hello,

    Client has MP W6700, so far to fix the streaks we changed fusing unit maintenence parts, pressure roller, separation fingers etc.
    And everything was ok. After a while client called that streaks appear only when printing more pages at once. Pictures attached.
    Drum unit, cleaning blade was also changed not that long ago. Im looking for information what else could i check. Appreciate all answers. Thanks.

    Picture attached.
    hi, i don't know how much the w2201 mpc is equal to yours, but i hope this video i had made months ago can help you
    regards

    p.s. read well description

    Ricoh MPCW2201 Manual cleaning for unlock head clogged After lockdown - YouTube
    HELP US KNOWING THIS: the Italian people are about to be crushed by
    a government of dishwashers and ex-DJ alternates, unelected, that with the excuse of covid 19 is applying a communist dictatorship of the worst kind !! not even in chile or nicaragua !!
    KNOW IT ALL!

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi, i don't know how much the w2201 mpc is equal to yours, but i hope this video i had made months ago can help you
    regards

    p.s. read well description

    Ricoh MPCW2201 Manual cleaning for unlock head clogged After lockdown - YouTube
    Thanks for answer, unfortunately its laser printer black and white.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    Thanks for answer, unfortunately its laser printer black and white.


    it may work however, there are residues that the automated cleaning mechanism over time cannot clean
    HELP US KNOWING THIS: the Italian people are about to be crushed by
    a government of dishwashers and ex-DJ alternates, unelected, that with the excuse of covid 19 is applying a communist dictatorship of the worst kind !! not even in chile or nicaragua !!
    KNOW IT ALL!

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    it may work however, there are residues that the automated cleaning mechanism over time cannot clean
    The technique showed in video is for inkjet printers like W2201, W6700 is laser printer, doesnt have a printhead.
    What exactly do you have in mind ?

  6. #6
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,875
    Rep Power
    258

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    you addressed things other than the dev unit.

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    The technique showed in video is for inkjet printers like W2201, W6700 is laser printer, doesnt have a printhead.
    What exactly do you have in mind ?


    I'm sorry, I hadn't seen it, however I took a quick look at the manual, it would seem a leak of developer bias, or a bad ground drum, in my opinion there is some problem with the developer powder to replace or drum ground, try to clean


    HELP US KNOWING THIS: the Italian people are about to be crushed by
    a government of dishwashers and ex-DJ alternates, unelected, that with the excuse of covid 19 is applying a communist dictatorship of the worst kind !! not even in chile or nicaragua !!
    KNOW IT ALL!

  8. #8
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    13,236
    Rep Power
    337

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    Quote Originally Posted by Like1mS View Post
    Hello,

    Client has MP W6700, so far to fix the streaks we changed fusing unit maintenence parts, pressure roller, separation fingers etc.
    And everything was ok. After a while client called that streaks appear only when printing more pages at once. Pictures attached.
    Drum unit, cleaning blade was also changed not that long ago. Im looking for information what else could i check. Appreciate all answers. Thanks.

    Picture attached.
    For the drum unit, cleaning blade, how long ago IS the "not long ago" that you mention? The line looks like what can be caused by a dirty charge roller or a nick or debris on the cleaning blade.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    queens ny
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: RICOH MP W6700 Streak, Line corner of page when printing more

    If the streak moves I would replace the main charge unit. If it is always at the same area check the upper guide plate before the fuser unit. The upper part of the guide plate may have collected toner over time and is marking up the paper when it buckles before it enters the fuser unit.

    I have a few of these out there but none with over 100K LF.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here