Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Lanier LW 310 / aficio 240W error SC300-01 does this need a service mode reset?

Hi guys, hope you are all safe this new year.

i am having an issue with this unit. wide format. customer had two issues. it had a waste sump full indication which i dumped. then it shows an error SC300-01. i pulled the drum unit out, blew out the charge and transfer corona units. they look good. same thing.
    i searched for a long time in service mode trying to find a clear error code. i looked for SP5-810, but that number isn't there.

also tried service mode and hitting SP and rebooting.

i am wondering if this error code needs a service mode entry to clear it, or if it resets assuming that the issue is gone, by s a simple reboot?

the code is for a charge corona feedback voltage loss.

has anyone got any experience with this code?

thank you very much for any input or advice.
    Jim

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Lanier LW 310 / aficio 240W error SC300-01 does this need a service mode reset?

Only requires cycling the power once the cause of the actual cause has been repaired. From Goose's Guide
    check or repl. toner door switch
    Charge corona ouput error: Defective CGB power pack
    Charge corona ouput error: charge corona assembly defective
    Charge corona ouput error: Clear NVRAM

The corona may look fine but there can be micro fractures in the plastic end blocks that will cause leakage to ground.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Re: Lanier LW 310 / aficio 240W error SC300-01 does this need a service mode reset?

I agree with slimslob about the likelihood of tiny fractures etc. As old as these are, I would try to replace the entire assy, although individual parts were available originally.

Thanks guys. the last line said clear NVRAM. is that required to clear this fault code, or is it just the long list of possible causes of the initial code?

anyone have a source for charge corona etc??

thanks so much.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Thanks guys. the last line said clear NVRAM. is that required to clear this fault code, or is it just the long list of possible causes of the initial code?

anyone have a source for charge corona etc??

thanks so much.
    Many items in Goose's Guide are things that some other tech at one time has had to do. Clear NVRAM is a last resort operation when nothing else seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Only requires cycling the power once the cause of the actual cause has been repaired. From Goose's Guide
    check or repl. toner door switch
    Charge corona ouput error: Defective CGB power pack
    Charge corona ouput error: charge corona assembly defective
    Charge corona ouput error: Clear NVRAM

The corona may look fine but there can be micro fractures in the plastic end blocks that will cause leakage to ground.
    ok, that is what i thought.
    thank you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Dont do a NV clear with out backing up the NV in SP5824. 99 times out of 100 the problem is the end blocks are shorting out. The charge unit part # is AD00 4103

ok thank you.

do replace the wires as well? is it hard to keep them from getting all tangled up and kinked??

i was told by Hytec that there were pico or surface mount fuses on the charge power pack. i pulled the board and found none. i tested the output and then it started working. so i fully assume that the charge end blocks are going out.

have a nice day, Jim

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    ok thank you.

do replace the wires as well? is it hard to keep them from getting all tangled up and kinked??

i was told by Hytec that there were pico or surface mount fuses on the charge power pack. i pulled the board and found none. i tested the output and then it started working. so i fully assume that the charge end blocks are going out.

have a nice day, Jim

you can try an old trick, to make sure they are really those, give a nice brushstroke of bleach / liquid concealer, on both blocks, even inside, and then let them dry well, and try. sometimes even without micro-fractures, the plastics of the blocks are chemically cooked, years ago they even changed color, they went from yellow to orange here corona sc codes usually do not need to be deleted.in case you try, let me know if it worked.regards
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

ok, great idea. yes, back in the day the amperage was much higher, and you could see and smell the burning trace. but that was way back when the HVPS was a separate box, not small transformers on a small board inside. gets the job done, but harder to diagnose.

be safe.