Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

MP3055 dead panel

Hi guys,

I have a MP3055 with a dead SOP panel. Print engine seems to start normally if you power the MFP on but no lifesign from the SOP (even the blue LED won't light up). My colleague tried to re-seat the connetors but no change. He braught the panel into the shop where we hooked it on to a MPC3004 and voila - it's ok.

Funny thing is that the panel has two cables, one is USB based and the other is a typical 10 pin PWB connector like the ones you see on BICU/IO Boards. The MP3004 can only connect the USB-based cable on to it's IPU board and the panel works without having the other connector connected.

The MP3055 has the USB connector on the controller and the 10 pin connector is also connected.

Hotline isn't shure if the problem is related to IPU or controller so I like to ask if somebody might had this problem on a b&w ricoh before and found the fix.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP3055 dead panel

Re: MP3055 dead panel

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a MP3055 with a dead SOP panel. Print engine seems to start normally if you power the MFP on but no lifesign from the SOP (even the blue LED won't light up). My colleague tried to re-seat the connetors but no change. He braught the panel into the shop where we hooked it on to a MPC3004 and voila - it's ok.

Funny thing is that the panel has two cables, one is USB based and the other is a typical 10 pin PWB connector like the ones you see on BICU/IO Boards. The MP3004 can only connect the USB-based cable on to it's IPU board and the panel works without having the other connector connected.

The MP3055 has the USB connector on the controller and the 10 pin connector is also connected.

Hotline isn't shure if the problem is related to IPU or controller so I like to ask if somebody might had this problem on a b&w ricoh before and found the fix.
    If the controller detects the operation panel is not connected it will throw a SC670 error.

Can you log into the WIM & see if an error is logged?

Last edited by copier tech; 01-18-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Can it print? Ping command? WIM connection?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Hi guys,

those panels seem to exist only to create problems, luckily I haven't had any yet, however there are several bulletins on these communication problems between mc and panel (sc67x), if I were you, before disassembling half the machine, I would try a flying usb cable, because they used cheap chinese usb cables
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Thanks for your input. The customer has two MP3055 and agreed to let us swap some boards among those to track down the problem. Before that our tech gave it a last shot and just plugged the panel back on the faulty MP3055 "quick and dirty" style and .... well.... it worked

Not shure if our test on the MPC3004 somewhat "jumpstarted" something within the panel because my tech did unplugged and re-seated all connectors on his first visit.

I'll get back to the thread in case the error re-occures but for now it seems fine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Thanks for your input. The customer has two MP3055 and agreed to let us swap some boards among those to track down the problem. Before that our tech gave it a last shot and just plugged the panel back on the faulty MP3055 "quick and dirty" style and .... well.... it worked

Not shure if our test on the MPC3004 somewhat "jumpstarted" something within the panel because my tech did unplugged and re-seated all connectors on his first visit.

I'll get back to the thread in case the error re-occures but for now it seems fine.
    thanks for the feedback, you reminded me that it has happened to me a lot of times, not only with copiers, that by disconnecting a device (controller, hhd, etc) that is not working, and connecting it to another device it works, and then reconnecting it original machine has started working again.

regards
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    thanks for the feedback, you reminded me that it has happened to me a lot of times, not only with copiers, that by disconnecting a device (controller, hhd, etc) that is not working, and connecting it to another device it works, and then reconnecting it original machine has started working again.

regards
    Yeah some time ago one of my techs came in with a DF he couldn't fix at the customer site. There was no problem reproduceable in our workshop so he drove back to the customer, re-installed and... it worked. Some stuff just needs a Joyride^^

Btw. there was no SC code logged as well....