Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh mp7500 strange problem, broken polygon motor ever 100k copies

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Is this machine standing in a dusty or chemical pollutioned environment?
    Are (fluctuating) heat or regular power failure regular?
    Strange that a bad polygon would cause jams... never heard of that before!

The machine is located in a copy shop, there is no extra large dust. The temperature may drop to 12 degrees in the evening, but there are no lower temperatures than that. I thought the same thing. I will try to leave the air conditioner on 24/7 for a week and see if the problem disappears. Thank you

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    The machine is located in a copy shop, there is no extra large dust. The temperature may drop to 12 degrees in the evening, but there are no lower temperatures than that. I thought the same thing. I will try to leave the air conditioner on 24/7 for a week and see if the problem disappears. Thank you
    I have a deja-vu.
    Earlier you have posted here a threat concering this customer, am i wright?
    I don't recall the problem then...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I have a deja-vu.
    Earlier you have posted here a threat concering this customer, am i wright?
    I don't recall the problem then...
    Yes you are right, then I changed the polygon and the problem was solved, I put a used polygon. after 100k copies the problem was repeated, then I put a new polygon, now after 100k the same problem again, I changed the polygon this is the 4th in a row. The machine is ok again. I do not understand what the problem is. Luckily it is the same as the Ricoh Aficio 1060 and there are plenty of machine parts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Hi all

I have strange problem with my Ricoh MP 7500, poligon motor problems repeats every 100 000 copies. Change poligon motor working 100 000 copies with out problem after that problem with copy. No error code but blurry print an jaming. In the begining i cant figure out what is the problem becouse no sc code. One tehnician with lot of experiance told me to change poligon motor. After i change problem disapear, today after 2 months and 100k same problem. Put in 4th poligon motor in working ok. Already 3 motors in trash i must find what is causing polygon motor defects

Thanks

the laser engine, works hard, and gets very hot, try to check the fan behind the mc, if it is working properly, and if the K&N (LOL) filter is not clogged, check the one under the exposure glass as well.I'm sending you a picture of how my colleague makes me find it, and a diagram of the laser cooling airflow.
    if that's okay then there is a problem on the psu
    regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Do you have a sample copy of the blurred copies?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    the laser engine, works hard, and gets very hot, try to check the fan behind the mc, if it is working properly, and if the K&N (LOL) filter is not clogged, check the one under the exposure glass as well.I'm sending you a picture of how my colleague makes me find it, and a diagram of the laser cooling airflow.
    if that's okay then there is a problem on the psu
    regards
    I tried with the back cover removed without a filter, the problem is not solved. Today I will try a new LD unit, If that does not solve the problem, the next one will be power supply. It is a very big problem because it is not constant, it works 300-500 pages, so it will make a problem. Today, if I change the LD unit and another polygon, it will work 100k, so I will have to wait 1 month to see if the problem will be repeated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

What are the counters?
    When did this "poly problem" started?
    Perhaps after an intervention, or after a power failure?
    Last edited by Mark Bbb; 01-22-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp7500 strange problem, broken polygon motor ever 100k copies

I tried with the back cover removed without a filter, the problem is not solved. Today I will try a new LD unit, If that does not solve the problem, the next one will be power supply. It is a very big problem because it is not constant, it works 300-500 pages, so it will make a problem. Today, if I change the LD unit and another polygon, it will work 100k, so I will have to wait 1 month to see if the problem will be repeated.
    Check the filter that luca72 referred to under the exposure glass. Item 3 in this page from the parts catalog. If that filter is clogged you have no airflow over the top of the polygon mirror motor. If it is missing you have unwanted dust being drawn into the area above the motor. Since it is in the cover that you have to remove to get at the polygon mirror motor you should have been looking at it every time you have replaced the motor but then you know what assuming does.

7500optics.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Check the filter that luca72 referred to under the exposure glass. Item 3 in this page from the parts catalog. If that filter is clogged you have no airflow over the top of the polygon mirror motor. If it is missing you have unwanted dust being drawn into the area above the motor. Since it is in the cover that you have to remove to get at the polygon mirror motor you should have been looking at it every time you have replaced the motor but then you know what assuming does.

7500optics.jpg
    All filters are clean and in place, I took them out just to try and put them back in place. Thank you

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh mp7500 strange problem, broken polygon motor ever 100k copies

Hi all

I have strange problem with my Ricoh MP 7500, poligon motor problems repeats every 100 000 copies. Change poligon motor working 100 000 copies with out problem after that problem with copy. No error code but blurry print an jaming. In the begining i cant figure out what is the problem becouse no sc code. One tehnician with lot of experiance told me to change poligon motor. After i change problem disapear, today after 2 months and 100k same problem. Put in 4th poligon motor in working ok. Already 3 motors in trash i must find what is causing polygon motor defects

Thanks
    Where are you getting motor from are they used are they from China if new strange you not getting a error with a laser fault.
    There are adjustments you should do after replacing laser unit and or polygon motor
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com