Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC 2503 blurry printing/3d printing

RICOH MPC 2503 Hi, first of all I usually work on sharps so let me know if I need to clarify anything. A customer has a blurry printing issue(internal prints and from computer) that basically looks like when you see a movie in 3d without the glasses. I'll include a sample. They also have cyan and yellow lines coming from the drums. For the lines I will recommend the respective drums. For the blurry printing I checked the transfer belt but could not see anything wrong with it. I tried to do the auto color calibration in user tools->>maintenance but the issue persists. I will recommend the transfer belt unit but just wanted to make sure someone more experienced with ricohs agrees with my diagnostic. Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC 2503 blurry printing/3d printing

Can you print off a PM counter and scan it on here? That'll give us a better idea of how ruined the machine is and the correct course of action

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Can you print off a PM counter and scan it on here? That'll give us a better idea of how ruined the machine is and the correct course of action
    I did not print one out but this customer owns the machine and only calls us when there are issues. No parts have been replaced since it was purchased and counter is BW=105k C=173k

Wow lol it'll need a full set of drums and developers, an ITB cleaning unit, a set of filters and a paper transfer roller. While you're replacing all that don't forget to clean the ID sensors!

Dunno if the parts in the States are different to us over the water, but these are the part numbers I'd be ordering were the machine on that high mileage and no bits fit to it ever.

D1882264 x 4 - KCMY PCU's
    D1773025 x 1 - K dev unit
    D1773026 x 1 - C dev unit
    D1773027 x 1 - M dev unit
    D1773028 x 1 - Y dev unit
    D0BQ6141 x 1 - ITB cleaning unit
    D1496212 x 1 - Paper transfer roller
    D1477937 x 1 - Filter
    Last edited by TonerMunkeh; 01-22-2021 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Added part numbers.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Wow lol it'll need a full set of drums and developers, an ITB cleaning unit, a set of filters and a paper transfer roller. While you're replacing all that don't forget to clean the ID sensors!

Dunno if the parts in the States are different to us over the water, but these are the part numbers I'd be ordering were the machine on that high mileage and no bits fit to it ever.

D1882264 x 4 - KCMY PCU's
    D1773025 x 1 - K dev unit
    D1773026 x 1 - C dev unit
    D1773027 x 1 - M dev unit
    D1773028 x 1 - Y dev unit
    D0BQ6141 x 1 - ITB cleaning unit
    D1496212 x 1 - Paper transfer roller
    D1477937 x 1 - Filter
    Okay thank you for the help! You recommend just the ITB cleaning unit not the whole transfer belt?

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danny464 View Post
    RICOH MPC 2503 Hi, first of all I usually work on sharps so let me know if I need to clarify anything. A customer has a blurry printing issue(internal prints and from computer) that basically looks like when you see a movie in 3d without the glasses. I'll include a sample. They also have cyan and yellow lines coming from the drums. For the lines I will recommend the respective drums. For the blurry printing I checked the transfer belt but could not see anything wrong with it. I tried to do the auto color calibration in user tools->>maintenance but the issue persists. I will recommend the transfer belt unit but just wanted to make sure someone more experienced with ricohs agrees with my diagnostic. Thank you in advance!
    Try cleaning id sensors then do colour registration in user tools if that fails you can try ld pitch adjustment also check pm life hopefully just needs cleaning
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Okay thank you for the help! You recommend just the ITB cleaning unit not the whole transfer belt?
    Best to print of pm life list just so you can double check all parts life transfer units unless damaged last quite a bit
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mga View Post
    Try cleaning id sensors then do colour registration in user tools if that fails you can try ld pitch adjustment also check pm life hopefully just needs cleaning
    Frequently just cleaning the ID sensor assembly is all that is needed. When power is turned back on, power on process control will do the adjustment automatically.

If looked after the belts last about 750k If the cleaning unit is changed when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Frequently just cleaning the ID sensor assembly is all that is needed. When power is turned back on, power on process control will do the adjustment automatically.
    Correct but I always do just before doing acc I suppose all engineers works different
    Regards Mark